Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Statistics
We have 24 registered users
The newest registered user is DuranShoukan

Our users have posted a total of 472 messages in 75 subjects
Poll

Who Is Your Favourite Character?

View results

Silent Hill Game/Movie Thread

3 posters

Go down

Silent Hill Game/Movie Thread Empty Silent Hill Game/Movie Thread

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:56 am

Here, we can discuss what we think of the Silent Hill series, be it the games or the movie. (Soon to be movies, since the sequel to the first Silent Hill movie is coming out soon, and will be a direct movie of Silent Hill 3.)

Silent Hill Game/Movie Thread SilentHill1

Obviously, none of us own this franchise. If I owned it, SH4/5 would not exist, since they didn't even bother to have Alessa in them. Alessa is the character that controls the world of Silent Hill.

Granted, SH2 didn't really have her in it either, but it kept up with the same theme.

Silent Hill Game/Movie Thread Silenthill2c

The series of Silent Hill is one big mindfuck.

The games usually revolve around someone coming to the town after losing a loved one and trying to find them in Silent Hill. Silent Hill is, of course, cursed sideways, there's no way out once you go in, and it randomly switches back and forth between the "normal" world and some sort of hell dimension.

The point of the game is to survive, and you usually do that by finding some revelation about yourself and the loved one you're trying to find. That, and killing lots of monsters.

Silent Hill is a town cursed by the Dark God Samael. It was once a site of Native American nature worship and it's possible that Samael was once a benign nature god that was twisted by violence, greed, madness, corruption, and torture throughout the years. It feeds off negative energy and darkness in the hearts of people and traps them in their own personal Hells reflecting their own fears and regrets. You can usually only escape it by overcoming your personal demons, which become literal demons while in the environs of Silent Hill.

The innocent or mundane generally see it as nothing more than a normal, boring resort town, however. Of course, there's always flukes when it reaches out and kills you anyways, or the drug-dealing Samael Cult members could. Innocents often get offed in their mad schemes to give Samael a physical body.

http://www.translatedmemories.com/bookpgs/Pg26-27SH1Creature.jpg

^ A link to the list of SH1 monsters.

Alessa was a tragic, tortured and misunderstood soul who wanted empathy and love. The absence of Alessa’s father very well may be the cause of her involuntary attachment to certain individuals (i.e. Claudia Wolf, Lisa Garland, [as Heather] Douglas Cartland and Harry Mason). Alessa has a great deal of spite, though this likely stems from cruel and malicious treatment from peers, the cult and her mother.

The Otherworld and the Fog World are representations of Alessa’s distorted perception of Silent Hill and her experiences there. Alessa is also known to be vindictive, scorned and dark-spirited. In addition, Alessa is undoubtedly wrathful and easily lost sight of her pleasant visions of Paradise and the desire to be loved.

However, it has been shown that Alessa has astounding amounts of willpower, demonstrated by resolutely enduring seven long years of pain, fear and madness. Alessa has also proven that once she has given one her affection, she clings to them, never forgets them and treats them like family. In a strange sense, she cared about Cheryl/Heather more than herself, wanting to spare them the hellish nightmare she endured at her mother and the cult's hands.

And she certainly loves Harry Mason like a father due to the seven years of proper love and care he showered on her other half, Cheryl, and the fact that he, one way or the other, ended her torment and fulfilled her dearest wish of being accepted and loved.

Alessa was afraid of dogs, and therefore, there are these mutilated and horridly wrong versions of these dogs. Demonized, if you will.

Silent Hill Game/Movie Thread SnifferDogFemale

She hated hospitals, and currently is in the basement of Alchemilla Hospital.

Silent Hill Game/Movie Thread Sh1alchemilla

There are also very disturbing things inside of this hospital, other than the 'monsters'.

There are gurneys, wheelchairs, anything and everything that belongs in a hospital, yet it's broodingly dour.

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/126/0/b/silent_hill_3_wheelchair_hd_by_parrafahell-d3fqkka.jpg

These wheelchairs, gurneys, etc, are ways of letting the player know just how much Alessa has suffered and is continuing to suffer.

Alessa was born with vast mental powers, including telekinesis, premonition and astral projection (the latter ability could enable her to kill someone with her thought by projecting her desire for them to die into their body). Her powers eventually lead her to being ostracized at Midwich Elementary School, where she was branded a witch. At her elementary school, her friends abandoned her and scribbled on her desk statements such as "Go home", "Drop dead", and "Thief". Alessa's teacher, K. Gordon, noticed her bullying.

'There's a girl named Alessa in my class. If your memory is any good, you may remember her she's the one I said they called a witch. Most likely her mother is abusing her. I've never seen her come in without some sort of scrape or bruise. Her expression is pitifully dark for a 6 year old.
—K. Gordon'

Silent Hill Game/Movie Thread Alessa-silent-hill-shattered-memories-character-artwork

Alessa dreamed of the arrival of Paradise, another world with no hatred, disease, starvation or old age. Alessa also believed that their world must be cleansed with fire before creating another one and shared these thoughts with Claudia with good intentions of eternal happiness and bliss.

As a young girl, Alessa grew up with the teachings of the Order. Dahlia brought Alessa to the Order's chapel frequently and Alessa often looked up at the stained glass which depicted God and the man and woman who birthed Her. Alessa came to worship God and to ask for her prayers to be answered, however, none were ever answered.

At seven years old, Dahlia became convinced that a certain ritual to summon the cult's God would likely be a success if she used her daughter as its birth mother. The technique had been performed on other girls that the Order abducted, but all previous attempts had failed. Alessa was offered as a sacrifice by Dahlia to the God on the second floor of their house by immolating her body.

Despite the interfering actions of Travis Grady, the plan was a success, with Alessa becoming pregnant with the deity in embryonic form. However, during the ritual, Alessa split her soul in half and the other half of her soul was reborn as a baby which was later found by Harry Mason and his wife on a road outside of Silent Hill. They named the baby Cheryl and begin to raise her as their own daughter. Dahlia fled the scene of the fire and people believed that she became crazy due to Alessa's supposed "death".

'The fire in the business district? How awful. I heard about that. No one knows how it got started. And that poor girl, Alessa Gillespie... To die like that.
—Lisa Garland before discovering Alessa is still alive'

Silent Hill Game/Movie Thread 150px-Lisagarlandxw5

Due to the ritual's fire, Alessa had received many burns on her body. The ritual performed by Dahlia was kept secret and the residents of Silent Hill assumed that the Gillespies' house burned down due to an antiquated boiler. Alessa was then taken to Alchemilla Hospital and was hidden inside a room in the hospital's basement by Dahlia and the director of the hospital, Michael Kaufmann, who had an alliance with her centered around drugs. To the public, Alessa was thought to have died in the fire, and was declared a "saint" by the Order as the "Mother of God and Daughter of God". Only Dahlia, Michael, a few members of the Order, and a young nurse working at the hospital knew that Alessa was still alive. The young nurse, Lisa Garland, often cared for Alessa and in return, was supplied with drugs from Michael Kaufmann.

'That child...that demon... When I think of the endless pain it will bring when it is birthed... I decided that, instead of the suffering and cruelty I endured in that sick room, that I would like to bestow a more gentle and peaceful death on "myself".
—Alessa's thoughts on God and Heather.'

Silent Hill Game/Movie Thread 250px-SHill_conceptart_3EtG7

Although the God was inside of Alessa's womb, Alessa was unable to deliver Her. Every day was driving Alessa mad with suffering, as "God" was eating away at her from within. Alessa was kept alive, suffering a fate worse than death, described as being trapped in an endless nightmare from which she never awakened. Alessa wished that she would die and end her suffering, but the nightmare went on for seven years. At the age of fourteen, Alessa was eventually saved by Harry Mason.

In Silent Hill 3, seventeen years after the events of the first Silent Hill game, the child given to Harry by Alessa (going by the name Heather) is approached by Claudia Wolf (now a priestess of the Order), who intends to bring about the descent of the cult's God to usher in Paradise. For this to happen Heather must remember her "true self" (Alessa).

To nourish the growing fetus within her with hatred and also seventeen years of revenge for taking Heather/Alessa away, Claudia has Harry murdered. A memory of Alessa, a dark emotion mimicking her likeness, is encountered by Heather in Silent Hill's Lakeside Amusement Park. The Memory of Alessa attacks Heather as a boss enemy, intent on ending Heather's life herself to spare her and everyone from further pain after the God is born. To rid herself of the God, Heather swallows a tablet of Aglaophotis given to her by her father, causing her to vomit it out of her body.

Claudia, in desperation, devours its remains to birth the God herself. Being born of Claudia's womb, the God personifies her vision of what God would look like, and therefore vaguely resembles Alessa.

Trivia time!

Alessa was likely inspired by Stephen King's Carrie. Both are teenage girls born with supernatural powers. They also have fanatical religious mothers and were ostracized at school. There are many other Stephen King homages in the series, including Carrie posters across from Green Lion Antiques.

Alessa is the first character to appear in the Silent Hill series, making her debut within seconds of the opening sequence of Silent Hill 1.

One of Alessa’s favorite books, Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World, is the in-universe basis for the "Air Screamer" monster. Alice in Wonderland, another of her favorite books, is referenced in a puzzle that unlocks a door in Alchemilla hospital. It can even be found on the bookshelf in her bedroom, if examined.

The Book of Lost Memories refers to Alessa as "The Empress" the third of the Major Arcanas of a Tarot Deck, due to her absolute dominion over the town.

Alessa is the only major character in Silent Hill that did not appear in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

If you have any questions, or wish to discus further, go right on ahead! (I am such a Silent Hill nerd...)

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill Game/Movie Thread Empty Re: Silent Hill Game/Movie Thread

Post by Chichi Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:49 pm

Sounds like the best mindfuck ever <3
Chichi
Chichi
Archmeister of Fujino
Archmeister of Fujino

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:28 pm

I love Silent Hill be it the games or the movies. Next to Resident Evil it's the best. I am still trying to finish Homecoming but somehow I always get stuck at the same place.

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill Game/Movie Thread Empty Game Storyline?

Post by Naomi Strife Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:55 am

i have played some of the silent hill games. The town itself is a hell hole, and any traveling victim that stumbles across, will have their nightmare unleash. No matter if they are connected to Alessa or not. I totally agree with Alessa being one of the main person of Silent Hill town. I could see where they try to make the other games. I guess a different view point. Though i would rather have them created another game with a more understanding how Silent Hill became a hotspot of evil.
Naomi Strife
Naomi Strife
Key
Key

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:01 am

Naomi Strife wrote:i have played some of the silent hill games. The town itself is a hell hole, and any traveling victim that stumbles across, will have their nightmare unleash. No matter if they are connected to Alessa or not. I totally agree with Alessa being one of the main person of Silent Hill town. I could see where they try to make the other games. I guess a different view point. Though i would rather have them created another game with a more understanding how Silent Hill became a hotspot of evil.

They explained how it became a hotspot of evil in Silent Hill 1. Dahlia burned her daughter Alessa in a ritual to make her birth a God, but it went wrong and so Alessa is locked away with the God inside of her, suffering for years. In this pain-filled existence, she dreams up a hellish nightmare for any who enter Silent Hill, to make them suffer as she herself has.

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Strife Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:16 am

so the other videogames will be somehow connected to the main game. only that they suffer from their own nightmares. yet isn't there another cult that is included besides the one that alessa was in. i forgot which game though.
Naomi Strife
Naomi Strife
Key
Key

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:30 am

Naomi Strife wrote:so the other videogames will be somehow connected to the main game. only that they suffer from their own nightmares. yet isn't there another cult that is included besides the one that alessa was in. i forgot which game though.

Exactly. In Silent Hill 3, Claudia is a High Priestess of the cult and was once Alessa's childhood friend. She is after Heather because Heather is Cheryl from SH1, the little girl who has Alessa's good side in her.

In Silent Hill 4, Walter is said to be part of the Order, or his parents were. I didn't pay attention to 4, as it was horrid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Strife Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:46 am

i definitely need to replay the games. it has been years since i played it. what did you think of the silent hill shatter memories. my cousin has the game on the wii. i played only a good 1/4 of it. before my 2yr old nephew decide to break one of the controllers and hide the other one.
Naomi Strife
Naomi Strife
Key
Key

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:50 am

Naomi Strife wrote:i definitely need to replay the games. it has been years since i played it. what did you think of the silent hill shatter memories. my cousin has the game on the wii. i played only a good 1/4 of it. before my 2yr old nephew decide to break one of the controllers and hide the other one.

God, Shattered Memories is amazing. Is psychologically profiles you as you play it. I say it's one of the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Strife Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:04 am

hopefully i'll finish it by the end of the week. but psychologically profiles the player. that sucks because my cousin and i were putting some weird answers. will it effect the ending or is it just a small fun part of the game.
Naomi Strife
Naomi Strife
Key
Key

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:12 am

Naomi Strife wrote:hopefully i'll finish it by the end of the week. but psychologically profiles the player. that sucks because my cousin and i were putting some weird answers. will it effect the ending or is it just a small fun part of the game.

XD Yeah, it affects the ending. But that is the fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skiren Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:46 am

It's on the Wii?...now I sorta wanna play it, I mean, I actually can't even handle Homecoming very well..(or is Homecoming still considered scary even if not good?(thus meaning it's okay for it to scare me a bit ^_^; )) but I like the idea of the "psychologically profiles you as you play it" part X) plus I like being able to say I beat scary games, it's an accomplishment of sorts, right? XD
Skiren
Skiren
SLAVE
SLAVE

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1458263/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:57 am

Skiren wrote:It's on the Wii?...now I sorta wanna play it, I mean, I actually can't even handle Homecoming very well..(or is Homecoming still considered scary even if not good?(thus meaning it's okay for it to scare me a bit ^_^; )) but I like the idea of the "psychologically profiles you as you play it" part X) plus I like being able to say I beat scary games, it's an accomplishment of sorts, right? XD

Yeah, it's on the Wii.

Homecoming could be scary in its own right, just not good for the SH series ;T

Back to top Go down

Post by Skiren Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:44 am

I might get it if I see it then..maybe..it helps that you said it's "amazing" seeing as that possibly means it's somewhat good ;P

Ah, so it's fine it scared me a bit? XD
Skiren
Skiren
SLAVE
SLAVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:27 am

Skiren wrote:I might get it if I see it then..maybe..it helps that you said it's "amazing" seeing as that possibly means it's somewhat good ;P

Ah, so it's fine it scared me a bit? XD

XD yes Point, it's fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:41 am

Just wanted to tell that I was on a games convention today and there was the new Silten Hill Game Downpour. Nice gameplay, more riddles fewer battles =)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:43 am

Amaya wrote:Just wanted to tell that I was on a games convention today and there was the new Silent Hill Game Downpour. Nice gameplay, more riddles fewer battles =)

Yes, Silent Hill Downpour takes us back to the good ol' Silent Hill, the psychological and not survival horror. It looks amazing, and I hope it is as such.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:07 am

But I'm always such a scaredy-cat Silent Hill Game/Movie Thread 4172885155

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill Game/Movie Thread Empty Movie

Post by Naomi Strife Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:49 am

well anyways just wanted to I too am excited about the new game.
Onto the real topic. My cousin's boyfriend and I were discussing about ending on the movie. Did they both die and were on the other side. Or were they they transported to a realm that looked same as the real world. The cops never did find their bodies.
Naomi Strife
Naomi Strife
Key
Key

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:56 am

Naomi Strife wrote:well anyways just wanted to I too am excited about the new game.
Onto the real topic. My cousin's boyfriend and I were discussing about ending on the movie. Did they both die and were on the other side. Or were they they transported to a realm that looked same as the real world. The cops never did find their bodies.

They died. Just as Cybil did. They were taken into Silent Hill, and in that moment is when they died. Once you enter silent Hill, there is no going back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skiren Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:30 am

"Once you enter silent Hill, there is no going back." you sound like you're quoting some ominous character..which assuming you aren't quoting, means you yourself sound very ominous when talking about Silent Hill XD scary Hollowed x3
Skiren
Skiren
SLAVE
SLAVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:42 am

Skiren wrote:"Once you enter silent Hill, there is no going back." you sound like you're quoting some ominous character..which assuming you aren't quoting, means you yourself sound very ominous when talking about Silent Hill XD scary Hollowed x3

EVERYTHING BECOMES MORE OMINOUS WITH ME AROUND >:C

XD Also, the quote was on the DVD's case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skiren Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Nah, really you're only ominous right now ;D about 50% of everything you say is pretty much..ya know..the opposite of ominous ;P(the other 50% takes any number of turns x3)

lol so it was a quote? I've lost all faith in your ominous-ness! XT XD
Skiren
Skiren
SLAVE
SLAVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: