Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Statistics
We have 24 registered users
The newest registered user is DuranShoukan

Our users have posted a total of 472 messages in 75 subjects
Poll

Who Is Your Favourite Character?

View results

Mythology/Backstory Of The Mai Series

2 posters

Go down

Mythology/Backstory Of The Mai Series Empty Mythology/Backstory Of The Mai Series

Post by Galactic-Eternal Wolvetta Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:56 am

Starting off slowly, I am going to go through the Otomeverse of the Mai Series first, this is-how the title suggests, information solely about the series. However due to Sunrise's laziness into not supplying us with enough backstory into actual profiles for the characters, locations and other such things there shall obviously be quite a few plot holes in this topic. Anyway, I'll start off short just to allow this to sink in better.

Z-HiME/Mai (My) Otome

331 AR: - Leaving Galleria, Arika heads through the Black Valley and onwards to the Kingdom of Windbloom, where eventually, she meets up with Nina Wáng who was with her father before going back to Garderobe Academy; the boarding school where Arika wants to go in search for her mother who she only knows who was an Otome.

Galleria
Literally nothing is known about Arika’s nation, however in the manga, it appeared to be ransacked ruins which in the past, was a city-that was until Kagutsuchi, the dark God of fire destroyed it of course.

Garderobe Academy
Three hundred years ago, the academy was founded by the Shinso, Fumi Himeno. This boarding school is responsible for training young girls to become deadly-but graceful Otome who are famous throughout the world of Earl for fighting during such wars as the Twelve Nation War and Dragon Lord War. However, only females can become Otome (maiden), this is because the males have a certain reproductive feature which shall damage and then eventually utterly destroy the nanomachines which empower the Otome for their elements (weapons) and robes (armour).

Random Fact: - In German, and other certain languages, Garderobe means wardrobe which goes perfectly well with the placement of the academy being one gigantic wardrobe of women who are in stock to wear their Otome robes.

NOTE

0 AR: - The founding of Garderobe by Fumi Himeno, the Otome of first Kazahana Queen of the Windbloom Kingdom.

281 AR: - Date of when the Dragon Lord War finally comes to an end.

331 AR: - The return of the SLAVEs.

Main Characters

Arika Yumemiya
Nation: Galleria
GEM: Sky Blue Sapphire

Nina Wáng
Nation: Artai Principality
GEM: Ultimate Black Diamond/Neptune Emerald

Mashiro Blan de Windbloom
Nation: Kingdom of Windbloom (Originally Zipang)
Master Of: Nina Wáng/Arika Yumemiya
Galactic-Eternal Wolvetta
Aries Column of Garderobe

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2124726/Galactic_Entwined_Asgard

Back to top Go down

Mythology/Backstory Of The Mai Series Empty Re: Mythology/Backstory Of The Mai Series

Post by Naomi Strife Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:23 am

the war of the twelve kings (hopefuly that is the right name) is suppose to happen when then.
Naomi Strife
Naomi Strife
Key
Key

Back to top Go down

Mythology/Backstory Of The Mai Series Empty Re: Mythology/Backstory Of The Mai Series

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:38 am

I never even noticed this place called galleria o.O

Back to top Go down

Post by Galactic-Eternal Wolvetta Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:55 am

Amaya wrote: I never even noticed this place called galleria o.O
In the first episode Nina asks Arika where she is from when Arika is asking about Garderobe, so of course the reply she is responded with is Galleria.

Naomi Strife wrote: the war of the twelve kings (hopefuly that is the right name is suppose to happen when then.

Excuse me, please read this: the Twelve Nation War is literally exactly the same as the War of the Twelve Kings, I merely titled it as I did simply because it is whole nations coming together to fight over the Otome. Royalty weren't the only ones in this war after all, nobles. the rich, and even some of the lucky (unfortunate perhaps being a better word) ones were involved in the battle and founding of Garderobe.

-----

Possible Otome reference over Arika's nation, Galleria:

During the time of the Roman conquest when they invaded England and built Londinium (now known as London), the Britons (the ancient British who were mainly Celtic) originally came from ancient France and Spain. However, obviously during this time, there was an area in northern Portugal which was known as Galleacia (now Galicia), which is suspiciously similar into how Arika's nation, Galleria is spelled. And so with this information, I believe Arika's nation could be based on Portugal, although the only detail we actually get is from the manga, which is basically a torn up city in the middle of the desert.

Further national/county references:

An Nam: Vietnam (Ancient Vietnam was known as Annam).

Zipang: Japan (The same as Vietnam, Zipang was what the none-Japanese called the country in the middle ages).

Taiyun: 1940s Japan (Stated as being Princess Sakura's (Mashiro and Nagi's mother) nation in Sifr. From how Taiyun is described it is of when Japan was in WW2; this is mainly my own view over why it could be Japan in WW2, but the nation is described as the "Sun Kingdom", which makes an historic reference of when the Japanese flag had added "sun-beams" coming from the red dot, obviously the sun. Also, Japan is also the "Land of the Rising Sun", another reference to both subjects.

Schwartz: Nazi Germany (The Nazi believed that the super race were Atlantians who originally came from Norway, at least in their belief. This gives the perfect pinpoint that Schwartz could be based on Nazi Germany since they help to bring the Valkyrie (shield-maidens in Norse mythology who ride flying wolves/horses and awaken the chosen Vikings who have fallen in battle to Valhalla, the training grounds for Ragnarok/Twilight of the Gods/End of the World).

Kingdom of Windbloom: England/France/Arabia, with hints of modern Japan (It isn't fully known which nation/s Windbloom is based off of, but I've always noticed it has a similar appearance to England with a mix of Japanese culture. And then of course there is the fact Mashiro screams out the personality of the infamous French Queen, Marie Antoinette: "Let them have candy! [cake!]).

Aries Republic: America, with hints of French culture (During the SLAVE invasion during Zwei, the Arc de Triomphe is screened on the Aries Republic monitor which survey the attacks-and I am guessing everyone can pretty much tell that Aries is definitely an alternate version of New York for its architecture.

Aries Superhero reference: Sara Gallagher - Batwoman, Chie - Zatana.

Lutecia: Remus/Romulus: Obviously a reference to the Roman mythology of two twins who came from a wolf. Also, the Romans had many civil wars amongst one another, however the nature between Remus and Romulus could also match with Korea, who are infamous for the opposite sides of the country attempting to wipe each other out.

Cardair Empire: Israel/Germany/Greece (Ruled by King Argos XIV, this reference which Sunrise made is quite obvious, since Argos is one of the oldest cities in the world which has been inhabited for a good seven thousand years in Greece. But for the German/Israeli side to Cardair, this is quite simple also, after all, Fiar Grosse is a blend of Germanic and Jewish styles in names.

Florince: Italy (Possibly rivalling Zipang and the Aries Republic for how ironically easy it is to tell which nation Florince is based from, Florince is of course based on one of Italy's most famous cities, Florence. This city is one of Italy's greatest cities for architecture, art and history throughout the eras of the middle ages, especially considering it would've been a highly important trade route.

Further detail over Florince is Florence's coat of arms:
Mythology/Backstory Of The Mai Series 460px-10
The fleur de lis, which literally means flower. Rosalie Claudel fits into this nicely because after all, her name technically means rose (rosa for red in Spanish-strengthening the idea of Florince being Florence).

Artai Principality: China/Russia (There is an area close to the border of Russia in China which is actually called Altay, and then of course there is Altai which is in Mongolia that rests between both countries. A further obvious note is that Nina and Sergay have the surname of Wáng (or Wong, whatever your preference).

Artai Superhero reference: Nao - Spiderwoman.

Kruger County (I've never been able to find any information about Natsuki's country, but this is the only thing I've obviously ever found, the mere name. If this is actually correct data from Sunrise I'm not quite sure, but it is an... interesting name I suppose. e_e'

Garderobe County - Arabia/France/England (Garderobe has many references of being a clash of English and French culture, mainly because of the "I am a maid who is training to become a proper lady whilst still going to school in an all-girls boarding academy". The Arabian side to Garderobe is just like the hints of fashion which Windbloom Castle has for fashion. But instead of fashion for Garderobe, it is just certain architectural/object designs which are around the school).

Mauryan Kingdom: Arabia/India (By Sunrise's note (or perhaps through fanbase), Mayha's nation suits her appearance and name perfectly).

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2124726/Galactic_Entwined_Asgard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum