Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Statistics
We have 24 registered users
The newest registered user is DuranShoukan

Our users have posted a total of 472 messages in 75 subjects
Poll

Who Is Your Favourite Character?

View results

Smouldering Hurricane

2 posters

Go down

Smouldering Hurricane Empty Smouldering Hurricane

Post by Galactic-Eternal Wolvetta Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:43 am

Smouldering Hurricane
Chapter One: Captured
The Dark Meister
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta

~~S~~

Flames licking the smoky sky, bandits ran wild through the small village as the civilians screamed in horror, trying to escape. The weak were trampled, the strong shot down by bows and arrows.

Only the survivors were lucky enough to be shackled and tied to horses, getting ready to get taken to the slaving market.

"There's only the shrine left." One of the bandits, a bulky, scarred man spoke to his leader.

"The Miko better be here," a harsh but alluringly feminine voice sounded throughout the scattered ranks of bandits. "We need her for capturing the Empress," she snidely remarked, appearing by the scarred man's side.

She was, by average height normal, but subtly taller than usual, her armor a deep emerald color which were aging samurai pieces. "She isn't to be touched."

Bowing deeply to the woman, the scarred man led the way to the shrine.

"Keep the villagers here alive! They are to become slaves for the black market!" The leader barked through to the bandits, throwing more orders across the area.

Some of the men muttering, they continued to chain up the surviving villagers.

"Your bloodlust has worn off on them." The man teased his leader.

She eyed him, taking in his figure. "Of course they would," she sharply spoke out. "They follow orders-like you should be."

Chuckling deeply, the man raised his hands in surrender as they neared the shrine's doorway. It had been bashed in, the wood around the frame cracked and splintered.

"Else I'll make sure you have double the amount of scars," she hissed, following after him closely.

The room was spacious, homely almost, giving off the classic appearance of what a Miko shrine would look like, except grander.

"Yes..." She murmured lowly, brushing her fingertips idly across one of the wooden railings which lined the stairs. "This is definitely the Kagutsuchi Shrine."

"And we have the greatest prize of them all." Waving a hand, the man gestured to the small redheaded priestess, her robes slightly torn and singed while two other bandits held her arms, keeping the girl still.

Mercilessly, the stern leader trailed her eyes over the girl's body, sizing her up visually to a degree which made the priestess subtly shiver. Stalking forward, the teal haired woman nodded broadly, tipping the young girl's head up by the chin with a lone, slender finger.

Violet eyes flaring with defiance glared back at the woman, partially hidden by a mess of wild, fiery bangs.

"My... aren't you the stubborn one," she drawled down to the girl.

Lightly panting, the redhead jerked away from the bandit leader, getting her arms wrenched by the men. Giving a low groan of pain, the exhausted girl glared at the woman still.

"We are in need of your... assistance for an important matter." The leader absently reported, steadily lowering her hand until her fingers brushed against the young priestess' haori.

"Go to hell." The priestess sneered. The bandits gave low whistles; their leader would not like that.

"Hell?" She quirked a brow in response, looming over the carrot-redhead slightly she smirked down, "But girl... we already are in hell." Her fingers halted, clasped around the neckline of the priestess' hoari.

Glaring harder, the girl's pupils became crimson slits, causing the bandits to jump back and release her.

"Kagutsuchi." The taller woman remarked levelly, studying the shimmering orbs with a silent curiosity.

Baring her elongated canines, the redheaded girl dug her fingers into the floor. The woman's men prepared their swords incase the girl struck.

"What are you doing, you fools? The wards, now!" The leader hissed, throwing an arm to the side. Clasping hold of her katana, she gave the redhead a blank, stern gaze.

The man who had led the teal-haired woman to the shrine slapped the wards into her hand, drawing his blade.

Looking back at the woman, the redhead let out a roar of anger, no longer human as another force took over her body.

Unsheathing her weapon within a matter of moments, the teal bandit leader deftly dodged the busty girl. Striding forward confidently, she outstretched an arm and pressed her palm to the priestess' back, the ward sticking instantly.

Electricity bolted through the girl's body, and with a cry she fell forward, once again rendered beat.

Following after the girl briskly, the leader kept the ward pressed to the girl's back securely. Bringing her attention back to the scarred man she nodded-"The chains-now."

Nodding curtly, the scarred man ran out to his horse. Undoing the ties on his saddlebag, he brought the chains back into his leader. They would need to make sure this girl didn't have any opportunity against them, especially considering she had an ancient God living inside of her.

Grasping hold of the chains from the man, the metal rattled noisily. Coming up onto her knees, she set them either side of the young priestess, a hand firmly pressing down onto the busty female as her weapon lay beside them.

Too stunned to fight back, the small redhead quivered under the stronger woman, breathing labored.

"Oh... I wouldn't worry too much," the elder cooed down to her, slipping the chains under the girl first and then wrapping them tightly around her chest. "... I'll look after you."

The younger female let out a sound of pain mixed with dread, the older woman's bandits laughing down at her.

"You remind me of a bird," she continued, remarking. "Powerful and proud when free, but weak and pathetic once caged."

"And you're…" panting, the girl broke off to swallow. "A coward." She finished.

"The girl's looking for a thrashing." One of the bandits muttered with a smirk, the scarred man hitting his shoulder with the blunt of his sword.

"But wouldn't I rather live, than have my body scorched alive? I wouldn't find that cowardly, I am merely staying on top of the food chain," the woman smirked down-attaching the chains together in a firm hold, the ward still plastered onto the back of the girl's hoari.

Scowling deeply up at her captor, the girl glared at her from over her shoulder.

"Now, now-none of that," the teal leader patted the girl gently atop the shoulder.

"Get off of me." The redhead grumbled, shifting.

"Else what? You'll rip me apart?" The woman drawled into her ear.

"Yes." Came the blunt answer.

"But at the moment, you cannot." Directing her attention back to the bandits, she stood, spinning on her heel. "We'll put her in the lake; it'll lower her chances of transforming again."

"Yes Ma'am." The scarred man grabbed the girl and heaved her up over his shoulder, following his leader out.

Looking about the room one last time, the leader nodded to herself firmly. A loose smirk setting upon her features as she trailed after the lower-ranking bandits.

"She's going to be trouble once we get back to camp." The scarred male murmured lowly to his leader so the captured girl couldn't hear.

"There are many ways to bind her, it wouldn't be a problem-otherwise I wouldn't have captured her in the first place," Tomoe muttered over to him levelly, sheathing her sword back as she followed after them.

"Of course." The man dipped his head, placing the priestess down once they were by the other villagers.

"It's her," an elderly woman hissed, "She's the cause for all of this!"

Lowering her head as an uproar of agreement sounded, the priestess did nothing to defend herself.

"Quiet!" Tomoe barked, "If you do not quiet your nattering, I shall cut you down myself."

The accusing yells quieted down, but people who stood by the small redheaded girl still muttered. "You're the reason my son is getting sold, you beast." A man snarled lowly, the priestess lowering her head further.

Taking no mind to the situation, the teal leader turned her back on the public display, her voice lowering, "The weak go, the strong may join the ranks, if they are willing to... interact nicely."

"Yes Ma'am." The scarred man dipped his head again, shouting to the other bandits to chain the villagers to the horses. Seeing that it was time to go, the redhead shook her hair out and raised her head.

Heading over to the chained girl, the slender woman clasped her hand around one of the strong chains curling around the young miko's chest. Pulling, she hoisted the girl up, forcing her to stagger after her.

Stumbling, the priestess bit the inside of her cheek to keep from cussing the woman out as she heard the children of the village cry.

"I wouldn't worry, it isn't like they would be in anymore danger with or without you anyway," the elder drawled, stopping before one of the horses.

"Bitch." The younger girl spat, glaring at the back of her captor as her composure broke.

"So young, and such a foul mouth you have," the teal leader mockingly yowled, a hand dramatically clasping to her cheek. "Takeda!" She called levelly.

The scarred man was at his leader's side instantaneously.

The woman slipped out a scroll of some sort from within one of the large pouches at her side. "Give this to the fool Tate; I know how much he gets lost when recruiting new soldiers."

"Of course." Takeda bowed, going to mount his horse after taking the scroll.

"Now, up on the horse, else I'll have to punish you." The woman ordered. She would definitely need to find out the girl's name as well, she couldn't keep calling her 'girl' whether she enjoyed it or not.

Scowling at the woman, the girl did as she was asked and mounted the brown horse.

Mounting up onto the horse behind the redhead shortly after, the woman idly trailed a lone finger down the ward charm on the back of the girl's red haori.

A shiver bolted up the girl's spine, and she took in a deep, ragged breath.

"Tell me girl, what is your name?" The leader murmured into her ear, enclosing on the redhead as she reached for the reins.

"Why should I tell you?" The girl sneered.

"If you want an identity instead of just being the plain old "girl" of the stockyards, I would advise you to say your name," the leader growled, pressing her heel into the horse's side, ordering the giant, muscled beast to move.

"Tch…" the redhead scoffed, biting the tip of her tongue.

"Then so be it, girl."

"Mai." The girl spoke after a few moments.

Mai? The girl's name was Mai? Curious, the leader however soon bit it back down, guiding the horse onto the nearby path which led out of the village.

The bandits and captured villagers followed the woman's horse, Mai keeping her head slightly bowed.

"So Mai is it? Your personality goes well for it; dancing maiden and all." The woman idly mused under her breath, a curl painting across her lips with a faint amusement as she peered down to the busty girl.

"I don't dance." Mai grumbled, keeping her eyes up front. "I look… well, looked after the village before you burned it to the ground.

"Dancing around losing control?" The woman fell silent, merely enjoying the breeze of their light traveling down the path, the footsteps and rattling of armor proving otherwise that she wasn't going too fast for the others.

"That was because you destroyed my home." The redhead growled.

"Oh, oh, feisty, I like you already."

Growling again, Mai grit her teeth.

"A bit like a pup."

Glancing behind her shoulder, the woman took a survey of the sky high above them, the nearby sakura trees contrasting with it nicely. Such a shame as well that they had to burn the village.

No matter, the teal haired woman smirked subtly, her attention coming back to the path before them.

Grumbling under her breath, the girl also looked down the road ahead of them.

They would be at their destination soon. About half an hour, the leader guessed.

Leaning forward, her front gently brushed onto Mai's back, the reins firmly in one hand as she reached for one of the pouches attached to the horse.

For these types of dangerous weapons... you always required the best of protection against them.

Stiffening at the contact, a small rosy blush crossed Mai's nose, the girl shaking her head to clear it.

Lifting the cover of the bag, the woman quickly grasped hold of the item inside and reattached the pouch, her body straightening back up once she was finished.

Staring at the road ahead of them, Mai felt one of the leader's hands ghost over her leg as the woman brought it back up.

Ah, the Juso no Kokuyōseki, the woman studied the small, sharp crystal in her hand, the dark violet flowing with an unknown power.

This had... been passed down her family for generations- a charm of some sort to enhance magical energy. As far as she knew anyway.

Feeling the aura of power from behind her, Mai turned in her spot to look at the crystal.

"Prying eyes have become curious?" The woman gazed down to her, pondering as she tilted her head.

Mai locked her jaw as she felt the demon in her stir. Blood burning from the wild fire, then the young priestess groaned in slight pain.

Noticing the reaction within the girl, she glanced down to the crystal, quirking a brow. "My..."

She knew it strengthens energy, but others?

Getting a small envelope out, she slipped the crystal into it and put it away into the pouch at her side. She would definitely have to experiment with... Mai's responses later.

Her pupils sharpened and a very deep crimson, the girl gave a small cry as the ward on her back sent a powerful shock through her.

Retreating back, the demon within Mai let out an angry hiss via the girl's mouth, her appearance completely changed into a demon's before she fell limp against the leader.

The woman blinked, staring down to the girl for a few moments until glancing back to the pouch, her gaze swapping between.

"..."

"Oh, my." She drawled.

"What was that?" Takeda asked, now alongside his leader on his grand black horse.

"Something... interesting," the woman murmured, still looking down to Mai with a hidden curiosity. "... We should be arriving soon." The village was nowhere in sight now, the trees having become denser, with the path narrowing; forcing the other bandits to close in on each other.

Taking note that the girl was beginning to slump to the side a little, she quickly brought an arm outwards, keeping her in place.

"A big feast tonight, then?" Takeda smiled wide. His leader liked to reward the bandits with a feast after each successful raid.

"Considering they have been well behaved..." Although in her mind she didn't really give a damn as long as they did their job. "The women aren't to be touched though."

She didn't have the time or patience for pregnancy.

"Of course," Takeda dipped his head; the man knew that half of the bandits would be too lust-filled to leave the women alone, but he would make it his job to make sure the women were untouched.

But the crystal, it was certainly something. It made the leader wonder-what else could she do with it? She had been noticing her own powers had been stirring somewhat, although only faintly enough to not bring suspicion.

"We're here." The scarred man spoke, snapping his leader out of her daze.

"Ah."

It actually amazed the woman how close they had been from the village and get none of them had noticed her in the lightest.

"It seems that way, yes," she replied, bringing her gaze over to Takeda.

"Is something the matter?" Takeda asked, placing a hand on Mai's shoulder as she slumped to the side again.

"It seems the crystal had a rather fascinating reaction to her, or perhaps-she had a reaction to it," the woman remarked casually.

"Maybe Kagutsuchi wants it?" Takeda spoke lowly.

"Ah, such a greedy demon it is," the leader sarcastically drawled out, patting the redhead atop the head gently. Whatever was she going to do with her... new pet?

"Mm." Takeda grunted in agreement, dismounting his horse and shouting out orders to the bandits.

"Hm..." The leader hummed lightly, trailing a finger absently along the priestesses back. Whatever was she going to do? Taking the girl into her hold, she soundly leaped down from the horse. Glancing down to the carrot-redhead once more when her head came to rest on her shoulder.

Still knocked out cold, Mai's face held a stressed expression.

"This girl." The woman grumbled under her breath. Looking about to where the bandits and captured villagers were heading, to the centre of the camp with the huge bonfire, she glanced over to the caves, a stream running through it.

Hearing the running water and getting jostled as the older woman walked, Mai opened her eyes with a groan.

"You are awake?" The woman murmured down to her in acknowledgement, her gaze firmly locked ahead of her.

Blinking a few times, the girl still found herself to be weak.

"I thought you would rather be here where the others aren't than near them," the elder idly remarked. Blinking to get used to the dark, torches flickering past as she strode.

"Let go of me." Mai growled, slightly struggling in the older woman's grip.

"What? So you'll collapse afterwards?"

Giving off a sound of frustration, the girl looked away from her captor and groaned as her head throbbed.

"And so if you corporate I'll get you something to eat," the older woman continued, the weight of the girl seemingly nothing to her.

Reluctantly grumbling in thanks, Mai closed her eyes again, wanting to sleep off the headache she had.

'Cute'. Reaching the location of choice, the leader's own secluded area, she set Mai down gently on the roll-up bed, a little way off. Giving the fire a slight eye of suspicion she muttered something, blindly sifting through her poach again as she shrugged off a little of the shoulder-plating which guarded her.

Once her back hit the plush furs, the girl was out again, dead to the world as she slept deeply.

"Hpm... damn key." Finding what she had been looking for at last, the teal woman headed for the far corner of the area, peering over her shoulder for a few brisk seconds to make sure Mai was alright.

Or at least... staying out of trouble.

Fiery hair framing her delicate face, the priestess murmured in her sleep, sometimes in confusion, sometimes in fear.

Definitely staying out of trouble-or for now, anyhow.

Eying the girl for a sharp moment, she rolled her stormy-grey orbs and headed over to an average sized chest.

Growling from the back of her throat, Mai's fangs began to elongate, before shrinking back as her inner monster attempted to break the seal.

The leader sighed, dipping her head a little to rub her forehead lightly. This demon... Kagutsuchi was already beginning to get on her nerves.

Slipping the small key under the chest, she made her route over to the slumbering miko, pressing her palm to the ward on Mai's back.

Jolting, Mai lay still once again after a violent fit of shaking.

"You really are stubborn, aren't you?" She muttered down to her, pressing her palms to her thighs as she brought herself up to her full height.

Limp against the furs, the girl made no movements, apart from the rise and fall of her chest.

"Disgustingly cute as well," she grunted, heading back to the chest.

Murmuring as she shifted a little, Mai's eyebrows knit together.

Knelt before the chest, the woman shifted a few things inside, delicately opening another box within the chest to then place the dark violet crystal gently inside it. The pointed item sank into the padded pillow.

Waking though she felt absolutely drained, the priestess groaned and cupped her forehead with her left hand, using her right to push herself up.

She was awake again? Idly, the leader glanced over her shoulder as the chest soundly clasped shut; the iron locks bolted as she then locked the chest with the small key she had gotten out moments before.

"Argh, stop it." Mai grumbled to herself, feeling Kagutsuchi stir again. Getting an angry snarl in her ear from the beast, the girl sighed as it fell silent.

"The charm, take it," the woman murmured, stopping before the redhead and leaning down to her current weight. She gestured to the small metallic item, a strange looking spiral of some sort with an orange gemstone in its centre.

"…Enju no Kōgyoku." The girl murmured, lowering her left hand to touch the blazing red stone.

"Considering there was a risk of your control over the demon, I brought it, whether or not it truly works entirely I have no idea," the teal female muttered a breath, rising.

"When this comes off, it takes over." Mai spoke, voice low.

"Then keep it on?" The leader suggested lightly, entering the centre of the room to slip off the rest of her armor.

"I can't take it off." the girl muttered. To prove her point, Mai started to lift the necklace over her head, just to get her hand burned. Hissing, the girl brought her now hurt hand to her chest.

Dropping the last bits of lacing which were used to attach some of her armor together securely, the woman trailed her eyes over Mai curiously.

That sounded more along the lines of a binding spell. Although... she pressed a knuckle to her lips in thought, arm crossing.

To seal away a demon, shall always come hardship.

"Damn thing." Mai grumbled, her voice a bit husky from the shock she received. Clearing her throat, the girl shook her head.

"Would you rather have it on or suffer from nightmares?" The woman idly mused, smoothing out her own hoari once she had unlatched her sword from her waist.

"I would rather not have this monster inside of me." Mai retorted sharply.

"Then the charm, gemstone, or Enju no Kōgyoku, which ever you prefer can be a gift then." The taller female drawled a smile.

Scowling at her captor, Mai glared.

"Oh, don't be like that." The elder brushed her fingers through her uneven hair, picking up what appeared to be a cloth and heading back over.

"I'll be how ever I want," not having the woman's name, the girl trailed off, before finishing her sentence. "Woman."

"So at last you're wanting to know my name?" The 'woman' knelt before her. "Turn around; I doubt you'd want that ward on your back, would you?"

Rolling her eyes, Mai turned around, her arms crossed. "Yes." The girl answered.

"You are lucky I took you here, else the bandits would have had their way with you," she hissed into her ear, her fingers pitching into the paper of the material and swiping it away briskly.

Growling back to her captor, the girl locked her jaw.

Crushing the paper within her fist, she chuckled lowly and threw it into the fire at the center of the cave. "My name-it is Tomoe." She spoke softly, staring at the embers of the crimson fire. The element licking the wood lightly.

"Tomoe." The girl repeated.

"Hm." Tomoe hummed in response.

With a small nod, Mai lay back down onto the bedroll with a huff.

"Ha... cute." Tomoe tilted her head, a hand grounding behind her as she glanced over her shoulder to study the girl before sighing. Getting back up again she muttered something along the lines of 'bandits'. "Perchance you are hungry?"

"Yes." The girl admitted before her stomach could growl. In the village, the store vendors would refuse to give her food without a high price, and the job as a capsule for a demon wasn't exactly a high-paying one.

"Hm. Then allow me to get something." Tomoe went about the room, glancing down one of the cave corridors. There should be something with the supplies, considering she kept a few things in case the bandits decided to go overboard with their feasting.

"Alright." Mai murmured, turning onto her side and closing her eyes.

But what would the girl like? This was the question. Curiously, the teal haired woman glanced over to the annoyed miko. Her bright stormy orbs of charcoal. Something light perhaps?

Hearing her stomach growl, as well as Kagutsuchi in her ear as the demon was angered, Mai growled back. "Quiet, you." The redhead muttered, hugging her grumbling stomach.

"Bread and rice?" The elder called from the corner, a flickering of fire coming from the location where the woman was.

"Some meat would be good." Mai called back.

Heading back, Tomoe gave an air of wonder to Mai. A demon would surely like meat, wouldn't it? Maybe there was a chance certain vitamins could awaken it further, make it more powerful than it already is?

Tempted to just sleep again, the small redhead curled up slightly, the warmth of the fire making her sleepy. Tracing patterns onto the furs in an attempt to stay awake, Mai felt her eyelids get heavy and yawned.

But since the young girl in her private room was quite underweight…

"The food. Hm...?" Knelt down closely behind the girl, Tomoe tilted her head, watching the priestess. Was she asleep?

Although it wouldn't surprise her.

Soundlessly, she placed the bowl down beside the dazed and confused redhead. Orbs of grey absently trailing across the slender back, neck and shoulders.

She had to admit, Mai did have a good looking body though.

Sleeping lightly, Mai's face held no signs of having the oh-so pleasant nightmares, the girl completely still except for the soft rise and fall of her shoulders.

This again? The leader may as well just leave her. But it wasn't like she was about to miss the chance to...

To what?

~~S~~

Hearing a loud snap from the burning logs in the fire, Mai bolted up, her eyes wide open.

"Oh, awake?" A voice called from a few meters away.

"Yes." Mai answered, looking to the bowl in front of her. There was a leg of boar and some bread, rice and even a small amount of cheese for her. Confused by the courteous amount of food Tomoe offered her, the small redhead sat up on her knees.

"I'm not one of those confused villagers who would do anything to beat a rock with a stick, if they had the chance." Tomoe grumbled, her back facing the younger, less experienced woman.

The leader was lazily sat near to the fire, cushioned as she had one leg crossed, whilst the other was risen slightly.

"I've noticed." The girl muttered back, picking up the boar leg and digging into it.

This girl was definitely trouble to tame. But that was the fun part, wasn't it? Scribbling something down onto a shoddy piece of scroll, the viridian haired leader acknowledged the girl with a glance over her shoulder.

Yes... and teaching her the necessary training to become a more controlled killer.

Eating the boar meat happily, Mai's surprisingly sharp teeth tore through the muscle and fat, the girl chewing thoroughly before swallowing and hearing Kagutsuchi give a pleased rumble in her ear.

"We shall be moving camp later tonight," Tomoe murmured over, putting the scroll aside to then brush a few locks of stray hair away from her eyes.

Giving a grunt of acknowledgement, Mai finished the meat quickly and dug into the rest of her meal.

Such a ravenous being. A viridian brow lifted upon the apricot haired miko's behavior.

Eating her rice, bread and cheese more slowly to savor the meal, the redheaded priestess heard Kagutsuchi purr in her mind. It had been a while since Mai was able to eat her fill.

Honestly? Tomoe was rather disgusted that the villagers were too afraid, or even better-idiotic enough to not realize that merely feeding the demon-holder would calm her down.

Letting out a soft, contented breath after she finished her food, the girl placed her bowl down in front of her, reluctantly thanking Tomoe.

"And now how do you feel? Perchance of that annoyance disappearing?" The girl should get some proper sleep.

"Yes." Mai answered curtly, licking her lips and laying back down.

"Sleep," Tomoe idly commanded, beginning to get things later for the transferring of camp in a few hours.

Closing her eyes with a sigh, the girl snuggled into the furs and drifted off.
Galactic-Eternal Wolvetta
Aries Column of Garderobe

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2124726/Galactic_Entwined_Asgard

Back to top Go down

Smouldering Hurricane Empty Re: Smouldering Hurricane

Post by Galactic-Eternal Wolvetta Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:48 am

Smouldering Hurricane
Chapter Two: Scorched To Flesh
The Dark Meister
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta

~~S~~

The level of noise increased throughout the area outside of the cave as the bandits heaved boxes to and fro in the cargo holds of mounted horses. The natter of women and children held hostage a tone higher, huddled together in spite of what was happening.

Villagers. Tomoe rolled her eyes, keeping a sharp eye out for any bandits who would make an ill attempt of anything unworthy.

Walking out beside Tomoe and rubbing one of her eyes sleepily with a fist, Mai blinked groggily.

"Takeda," Tomoe spoke out to the scarred man nearby, "I suspect there was no difficulty with the villagers last night? We did well to lose no lives in the forces."

"No Ma'am." Takeda bowed his head. "Though I was guarding the cage, I'm afraid one of the women was not very lucky yesterday evening." The man reported, waving his hand to a sobbing woman who was surrounded by the others.

"I have the man and fault ready for punishment." Takeda spoke gravely.

"Hm..." Tomoe's eyes narrowed sharply. "Who is this little man?"

"T'was Kazuya, I'm afraid." Takeda had Yuuichi bring the dark-haired man forward, gripping both of his arms.

"Him again?" The leader frowned, displeased, a snarl soon planting itself onto her lips. "You," she hissed to the man.

Locking his jaw, Kazuya bowed his head.

Mai watched the bandits interact, feeling Kagutsuchi get excited from the violence to come. She didn't quite like the sensation either… it was all too familiar.

"How many times has this happened...?" The leader paused, sighing harshly before roughly rubbing at her forehead with her knuckles. "Six?"

Setting her eyes onto the spiky blonde, Tomoe nodded broadly. "I have had enough of this pathetic little man, pin him."

"Yes, Ma'am." Yuuichi held Kazuya firmly as Takeda hammered four metal spikes into the ground. Getting some chains, the scarred man waited until Tate pushed the condemned man to the ground before wrapping the thin chains around each of his ankles and wrists, Kazuya lightly struggling against the metal binds. Locking the chains to the stakes, Takeda unsheathed his katana and offered it to Tomoe.

Charcoal orbs eyed the katana for a few moments, considering. However shortly after, Tomoe idly gazed over to the miko beside her.

Looking back up at the elder woman, Mai gave a small start as she felt her body pulse, the demon inside of her getting increasingly excited to see blood spill.

"Allow me..." Tomoe drawled lowly to the three men, her gaze leaving Mai, "To show just how terrifying a demon can be."

Doing this would not only put the other bandits in their place, but it would also allow her to see just how much damage Kagutsuchi possessed.

Takeda and Tate stepped back, letting Kazuya writhe around in the chains, the man scared out of his wits.

Mai's head whipped around to look at Tomoe, incredulous.

"He raped the girl, didn't he?" Tomoe shrugged over, idly pointing a finger to the weeping girl some way off. A boyish looking female currently taking care of her.

"Perhaps it would sooth them, to know their tormenter is dead? She loomed over the girl. "... This is the real world, girl."

"Yeah but, this is Kagutsuchi you're talking about. He isn't some pushover." Mai backed away, not liking this.

"Would you like to defend the villagers or not?" The leader hissed.

Looking strained, the redheaded priestess stopped pacing backwards.

"If you believe in yourself, you can control his anger, and use it to your bidding." Stepping away from the woman and instead, to Kazuya, Tomoe pierced a glare down to him. "You are the type of man who brings disgust to the Human race. Do you hear me?"

Snidely, she leant forward, intimidating the man further. "We kill, we steal- but never, never do we treat them badly once we have captured hostages."

"I-I-I won't do it again, I swear!" Kazuya begged, Yuuichi snorting.

"You say that every time, you pig." The blonde man scoffed.

"Come." Takeda gently took Mai's arm, dragging her forward. "He has wronged a woman of your village." The second-in-command spoke into the girl's ear, his voice rough and husky.

"Demons are known to sin, and yet they can also commit good," Tomoe murmured over, idly putting the katana to Kazuya's throat to still his movements.

Shaking, the condemned bandit looked at Mai pleadingly, Takeda still murmuring in her ear, being her conscious.

"You could be next." The scarred man whispered, flicking his eyes to the wronged woman. "Surely, you don't want to share her fate?"

"But even if I was to merely banish you, who knows who you would join, spreading idle lies behind our backs?" Tomoe levelly stared at Kazuya, noting a hint of sweat gleaming the coal haired man's cheek. "You are a waste of space, a lie, a pitiful Human who doesn't deserve the treatment of kindness."

"I don't." Mai agreed, Takeda smirking in her ear. "Good. Now, go tell Tomoe that you'll do it." The scarred man lightly pushed Mai forward.

The entrapped man shivered frightfully.

"Why should I allow you to live, hm?" Tomoe tilted her head.

"I'm your best hunter." Kazuya spoke weakly.

"And Tate closely rivals." Tomoe replied simply.

"I'm the one who makes the furs." The man spoke again, Mai stepping forward.

"In which Mashiro helps you."

"He hasn't the stomach for skinning the animals." Kazuya retorted, the small redhead speaking into Tomoe's ear.

Ignoring the pleading man clearly, Tomoe blinked, listening in on Mai's whispering.

"You are about to see the greatest phenomenon known to man, Yuuichi." Takeda spoke with a smirk.

"I'll do it." Mai gripped the armor of Tomoe's shoulder.

"Hm." Tomoe nodded broadly, a pleased smile etching upon her lips as she took a numerous amount of steps back from the shocked man; her gaze solely on Kazuya.

"What about this?" Mai displayed the sealing gemstone to Tomoe, not knowing how to unseal herself.

"Somewhat of a problem," Tomoe murmured. Clasping her hand onto the gemstone gently, she pressed a thumb into the center carefully. Her eyes flickering across the seal.

Gasping as a wave of heat shook her body, Mai's pupils bled red as the girl was rendered to knees instantly, nails sharpening into claws as she gripped at the earth.

Shuffling back until she was beside Tate and Takeda, the woman merely surveyed the other bandits.

They seemed shocked in the least, some horrified, and yet others even pleased or amused.

The villagers however...

Watching as a ring of fire engulfed the priestess, the boyish girl hugged the wronged woman to her chest.

Letting out a roar, elongated canines were bared as fire swirled around Mai, Kagutsuchi taking control.

"C-Chie..." The weakened girl rasped, clinging to the older woman desperately as the crackling of fire imploded further, the heat licking at her back, even from her distance.

"Shh, Akane." Chie murmured, shifting so her back was to the fire and Akane was shielded by her body.

"Quite the beast." Takeda commented, shivering as Mai looked down to Kazuya; her pupil's jagged red slits.

"Indeed." The viridian haired warrior commented, not at all fazed by the situation-strangely.

"Wouldn't want her in my bed." Tate muttered, though the young priestess was very attractive with her small build and large breasts.

"Afraid you'll get your manhood ripped off?" Tomoe hauntingly teased.

"More like 'bitten' off." Yuuichi replied starkly.

Takeda sighed; the younger man was just too much sometimes.

Dropping the subject, Tomoe finally brought her full attention to Mai- or at least, what was left of her. Eager to see what the demon could do.

Slumped over slightly, Mai's fingers twitched as she leered down at Kazuya, the man's lower furs darkened. Roaring again, the small priestess lunged forward and lashed out with claws, the man screaming in agony as the white-hot nails ripped at the skin of his chest. The blood on her hand was soon disintegrated by the heat of her skin, and Mai slashed out again at Kazuya's torso, tearing the toned muscle and skin.

With the eye of a hawk, Tomoe soundlessly moved towards the demon, observing her. 'Indeed the monster,' although...

Even though she was lost deep in her mind, Mai knew what she was doing as Kagutsuchi controlled her body, tears rolling down the girl's face.

"Amazing." Takeda murmured, watching.

But not when the priestess was killing her bandits, Tomoe absently mused, quickly striding forward and tugging at the back of Mai's shirt, a ward in her free hand as she then hastily caught hold of the demoness' wrists.

Eyes snapping open wide, a sharp hiss escaped the young redhead's mouth, her muscles tensing as she bristled angrily, weak flames whipping up and slashing at Tomoe's lean arms.

Cringing, Tomoe set her jaw, inhaling a sharp breath as she pressed the ward firmly onto Mai's back and keeping her palm there.

This girl... was definitely something.

Mai's pupils shook, the girl still baring her teeth. Slowly changing back, the girl's incisors shrunk back down to human size, her pupils becoming round once more but staying a dark crimson, looking over her shoulder at Tomoe as the flames died.

"You were impressive," the viridian haired woman commented down to her softly.

Kagutsuchi still in control, Mai jerked against Tomoe and let out a small cry as she felt the monster grip at her inner being, golden talons slicing in.

The persistence this demon had was annoyingly amazing.

Subtly, Tomoe's eyes widened, her grasp on the small female tightening securely, pushing up close.

Shaking against the bandit leader, the redheaded priestess fell limp after a few minutes.

The bandits stared at their commander and the young girl, one of them coming close to touch Mai's arm and yelping as he was burned by her extremely heated skin.

"What are you doing?" The teal leader barked at him, lowering the girl to the floor gradually. Moving away a little, she scowled, limbs burning, but barely.

Takeda crouched down to get a closer look at Mai, Yuuichi copying him. The blonde's hazel eyes traced the young girl's soft face to her bountiful chest, down from her stomach to the girl's hips.

This girl... would be their secret weapon. But if Mai was to continue on being a secret, that would mean keeping these captives. Looking over to the women, children and a handful of men, Tomoe then glanced to the charred corpse, or what was left of Kazuya. The man's torso sickeningly all but skeleton at the chest as it continued to smoulder lightly.

"We could feed him to the dogs." Takeda spoke to his leader, Standing back up and coming to Tomoe's side. Yuuichi's eyes continued to trace Mai's body, feeling his stomach tingle as he took in the vulnerable girl's form.

"A considerate end to a coward," Tomoe muttered back to him.

"I'm sure the dogs would enjoy the meal." The woman's second-in-command spoke again.

"They would definitely hunt better; the scent of Human blood has always worked well for their quality anyway." Giving the weakly burning body a last look over, Tomoe turned her attention back to Mai, noticing Tate was still beside the girl. 'Hm?' What is this?

Nodding curtly, Takeda dragged the body off to the hunting dogs.

Lowering one hand and letting it hover over the skin of the girl's arm to make sure it was cooled; Yuuichi placed his palm down onto the soft skin, rubbing along Mai's arm.

"You seem rather intrigued over her." Tomoe remarked suspiciously, breaking the man from his train of thought abruptly as Takeda threw the body at the dogs, the animals instantly going towards it curiously.

"Eat." Takeda ordered the hounds.

"She's gorgeous." Yuuichi replied, his attention turning back to Mai.

"If so, I hope you'll not have to become the next victim of her." Tomoe's words drawled slightly, etching upon the usage of 'victim'. "But indeed. She is, yes." She admitted quietly, her gaze also turning to the unconscious priestess before them.

Swallowing softly, the young blonde man placed a hand onto Mai's stomach, sneaking his fingers into the white top of her kimono.

"By meaning death." The leader warned, deadly.

Yuuichi retracted his hand, placing it by his side as he looked to Tomoe.

"Remember this, Yuuichi, you might be higher ranking than that fool ever was, and ever will be. But the rule applies to you also." But in the meantime... they would be leaving in a few hours, especially now that the dogs were eating.

"Of course, Ma'am." Yuuichi bowed his head to Tomoe, leaving Mai to lie on the ground as he went to check everything over.

Or so help her; there would be nothing of the bandits left. Momentarily, Tomoe flicked her eyes to quickly check on the raped girl some way off, the short-haired brunette seemingly having fallen asleep against the boyish woman from earlier. She would heal-she had to, considering the life of a bandit wasn't an easy one. Nor was the average life expectancy all that high either.

Though Mai lay still on the ground, her sleep was anything but peaceful. Twitching, the girl growled lowly.

Gemstone in hand, Tomoe carefully knelt down beside the cinnamon haired vixen's side, leaning over a little so she could hook the ruby around Mai's neck where it belonged. Now, at least she wouldn't go out of control again and start massacring everyone.

Stilling once more, the small redhead's head lolled to the side, her cheek against the dirt. Tomoe grunted. This wouldn't do.

"Takeda!"

"Yes, Ma'am?" Takeda asked, jogging over to Tomoe.

"Keep the bandits under control. I'm going to take the girl back to the cave."

"Yes, Ma'am," the scarred man bowed deeply.

Hoisting the girl up, much alike to yesterday, Tomoe allowed the busty redhead's head to rest softly against the tough metal of her shoulder. Just barely backing up a little so she could get a better hold on the girl. Certainly, she wasn't heavy, but a dead weight was never very entertaining.

Instead of waking from the jostling this time, Mai remained still as the girl was completely drained.

Just how much power did this shrine maiden house? The question lured Tomoe into a deep thought, her eyes easily adjusting to the lack of light through the tunnel way of the cave.

Resting, Mai's breathing was deep and soft, small puffs of warm air against Tomoe's neck. Her hands resting on her stomach, the priestess murmuring in her sleep.

Due to the warm contact, the older, more experienced woman shivered, curiously lowering her gaze to the slumbering miko she tilted her head a little. This girl...

Or maybe she could... No one was here after all. Forcefully, Tomoe shook the thoughts from her mind, disgusted. Even if she was entirely sure Mai would gradually get to enjoy such a thing-they didn't have enough time. And why, why would she be interested anyway? By lust definitely… but she wasn't about to become a bigot, at least not yet.

"Nn." Moaning softly in her sleep, the young girl shifted against Tomoe.

And now she was unconsciously tempting her? The bandit let out a growl, inwardly groaning.

Cracking a lavender eye open at the growl, Mai scowled tiredly up at Tomoe.

"For how long are you going to be angry at me for?" The question was simple, for etched as they reached the cave, most of the things now having been packed and placed outside.

Not answering, Mai drowsily pressed her cheek to the armour of Tomoe's shoulder.

'Hm...' Cute. Reaching the cave at last, the leader noticed that the bedding was still out. But that wasn't really all that surprising, since Mai wouldn't do anything for her in the first place. Although she had killed Kazuya for her...

Tired amethyst eyes looked at the stone walls, the girl keeping her cheek against the bandit's shoulder armour.

Continuing on with her path, the leader took a route around the last bits and pieces of items which scattered the floor of the cave. The fire having gone out some time ago. "Tell me, why did you become a shrine maiden?" She loosely asked, placing the girl gently upon the bedding of furs and stepping back.

"My mother was one." Mai replied softly, resting against the soft furs.

"Oh? My mother was a geisha, whilst my father a samurai," Tomoe sat idly upon a nearby chest, gazing down to her as she crossed a leg atop the other.

"My father was a monk." The girl murmured, looking up at the ceiling of the cave.

"Oh? So peaceful."

"He sealed Kagutsuchi inside of me." Mai spoke once again, her voice getting steely. "To lure Kagutsuchi to the shrine, he sacrificed my little brother, Takumi, out of cold blood. He knew that Kagutsuchi would love that." The girl's tone became icy as she spoke.

"My mother tried to take his life, but he took hers instead. The bastard."

So that was how the fire God had gotten a firm hold into Mai's body? It certainly made sense.

Locking her jaw as she felt her throat clench, Mai flipped onto her side, not facing Tomoe.

The older woman left her alone, fully understanding she needed her own space. So her father had been a monk, who was a cold blooded murderer to his own family and literally the torturer of her new... slave? But it immensely surprised her, that Mai had answered her so quickly. Tomoe would have at least thought the exhausted miko would keep her walls up for longer, for as long as she could hold. But perhaps she just wanted to share her deep secrets with Tomoe? To be able to lift the pressure from her shoulders?

Gripping the furs, Mai glared at the wall.

"Then if he is alive, get revenge." She did have the prowess to do so after all, Tomoe had witnessed that sheer intensity personally up close.

"I plan on it." The girl growled.

Revenge, such a pointless yet motivating way of life, Tomoe rose from the chest gracefully and headed off to one of the corners. Rummaging being heard inside the room as she searched. If she didn't get bandages for these burns along her arms... she was sure she would itch them until the flesh was utterly raw.

Falling back to sleep, Mai's eyes slipped shut.

Finding them, after a while, the bandit took note that the girl had fallen asleep, ignoring this she took a seat on the floor, some way off from the miko, but close enough. Scowling softly down to her dark emerald haori, the long sleeves having been burned away a little from the flickering of Kagutsuchi's fiery rage.

Staying completely still, Mai didn't sleep for long, and she went back to glaring ahead of her.

Silently, Tomoe sharply hissed, letting her arms fall into her lap, the bandages limply following after. Or... not?

Having heard the hiss, Mai's ears perked as she turned to look over her shoulder at Tomoe. Seeing that the woman was in pain, and it was her fault, the girl let out a strained groan and crawled over to the bandit leader, sitting in front of the older woman and grasping the bandages.

Cautiously, but intrigued, Tomoe watched her closely. Her orbs of powdered grey taking in the ginger-russet's well developed body.

Taking one of Tomoe's lean arms, Mai looked at the burn and placed one of her small hands over it.

She was absorbing the energy? Interested furthermore, Tomoe's eyes pinpointed to the delicately fragile palm, the fingers short but slender.

Shuddering as she felt Kagutsuchi stir with a victorious growl, the beast glad that he had inflicted pain on Tomoe, Mai took back the damaging heat energy.

"You help me, and yet I treat you terrible?" The leader asked, grimacing as a faint pain ran through her veins.

"You want to have burns on your arms?" the girl asked back.

"I'm just surprised, is all."

"Hn." Mai pressed her hand further into the woman's muscled arm.

Serious, that was for definite. Tomoe shivered.

Done with that arm, the priestess coiled the bandages around Tomoe's arm and took the other, repeating the process.

This could be useful, not only could Mai cause damage, but she could heal it as well. '...Amazing.' Just what other secrets did this small shrine maiden house?

Winding the bandages around the bandit's arm, Mai caught the look in her eye and tilted her head.

"You get more fascinating as the minutes go by." Tomoe spoke out to her, studying the deep violets before her, tensing her arms a little to experiment on the tightness of the rough material.

"Um… thanks." The girl murmured, rubbing up and down her own arms.

"Do you need anything?" The bandit asked plainly, still staring down to her in wonder.

Mai shook her head softly, shifting under the woman's gaze.

"Alright," she said softly, "... Thank you."

"You're welcome." Mai said just as quietly as the bandit leader, lowering her hands into her lap.

"We should be leaving in a few hours now, considering the dogs have something to eat," Tomoe grumbled, her arms beginning to feel more comfortable as the seconds go by.

The young priestess nodded softly, shifting again as she had quite a close proximity with the older woman.

"I won't do anything," the leader idly remarked, scooting away. She wasn't like the bandits. At least… not in the same sense as them; she had common sense, even if her mission was thickly laced with obsession.

"Alright." Mai nodded, still unsure. "I'm just… I think I'll rest until we leave, then. I'm sure you have some things to take care of?"

She supposed she did have something she needed to do. Although smacking disobedient bandits across the head for their selfish lust did get her on edge eventually. Pregnancy was just an excuse to not do further work, and the bandits knew this. At least the women, Tomoe just wasn't sure what went through the males' heads at times. Either it was full of water most of the time... or something else. "I guess I better, the girl should be sorted out."

"…her name is Akane." Mai told the leader softly. She was sure the villager would rather be called her name than 'girl'.

"Akane," the viridian haired woman tested the name, lighting swirling the syllables across her tongue loosely.

The redheaded girl nodded, then crawled back over to the leader's bedroll. Lying down, Mai buried her face into the soft series of pelts and sighed.

It was an odd thing really, Tomoe mused thoughtfully. Seemingly that the miko seemed so comfortable lying on her bed, surrounded by her scent alone; she was just grateful she was able to stay up for long periods of time without getting too tired. But she was sure she would be sleeping tonight.

Closing her eyes as she stared at the rock wall before her, the young girl snuggled down into the furs and was asleep within a few heartbeats. She had much to think back on from the past few days.

Now... where about was this... Akane? Leaving the mouth of the cave, Tomoe curiously looked about, the bandits going about the place to and fro in a chaotic motion. The women and children would be huddled in the centre of the captured men, wouldn't they?

~~S~~

Getting her burned back tended to by one of the village men, Chie's ocher eyes stared down at the earth in front of her, Akane at her side.

"Are... are you alright, Chie?" The short-haired brunette whispered, gazing out the corner of her eye to the boyish woman fearfully.

"I'll be fine, Akane." The older woman murmured, placing one of her hands into the soft, dark-russet hair.

But Chie had protected her during... The delicate girl took a deep breath calmingly, or at least attempting too. Her mind was far too fragile for her liking. Kazuya, her tormenter and rapist was dead, she had nothing to fear, and yet...

"…I still can't accept her." Chie spoke lowly, bringing Akane's head into her side and hissing as the man applied some sort of medicine to her back. "She's still a monster."

Akane said nothing, far too wound up into her own train of thoughts. Tokiha Mai was alone wasn't she? There was the rumour she had murdered all of her family... she was supposedly enough responsible for the disappearance of her father, a peaceful Buddhist monk.

"What we saw just shows us what she's capable of." The pepper-haired woman continued. "Seems like the bandit leader has already taken a liking to her, and vice versa."

"That woman... their leader with the strange hair?" Akane quietly inquired, swallowing a few times in annoyance as her throat closed again.

"Yeah… C'mere." Chie brought Akane up into her lap, tucking the smaller woman under her chin.

"H-hm?" The girl gazed up to her momentarily, placing a slender hand to the older woman's shoulder, just above the breast. How could she have such a loving, caring friend?

Her strong arms tight around Akane, the older woman buried her nose into the girl's hair, breathing in deeply before sighing.

"...Chie?"

"Hm?" Chie lifted her head and looked down at the broken girl.

"No, it isn't anything, don't worry," the girl spoke quietly up to her. It's just she could have sworn...

"Alright." The dark-haired woman tucked Akane back under her chin. Chie was broken up inside, the poor girl didn't deserve what happened to her.

Where was the damn girl? Tomoe peered across the grounds suspiciously, straining her height to look over the mass of male bandits. Takeda wasn't here either; um... maybe she was in the other group of captured villagers?

Stroking up Akane's thin arms, Chie revelled in the silky softness of the girl's skin.

Breathing a sigh, Akane closed her eyes, taking no mind to the gentle touch.

Resting her cheek on Akane's head, the older woman looked up and scowled when she saw the bandit leader coming towards her.

"I have come over to make sure she is alright," the lead spoke out to her levelly, giving the woman a firm look down.

"Well, she isn't alright." Chie snarled up at Tomoe, hugging Akane tight to her chest. "Your filthy dog defiled her."

"And perhaps that is the reason why I had him killed?" Tomoe inquired, lifting a brow. That Kazuya... subtly, the leader gave a growl.

"Why did you have our priestess kill him?" the pepper-haired female asked, her chin on top of Akane's head.

"May as well not waste a useful power, instead of her being treated as an enemy," honestly, surely not all of them thought of the miko in this way? Even she of all people could see the difference between the demon and Human.

The embraced girl said nothing, merely pressing into the protective coal-haired woman further. 'Just go away...'

"She's a monster. Why would you want her on your side?" Chie asked incredulously.

Possibly because she was one? Tomoe mused.

"She'll destroy you. Just like she did her family." The pepper-haired female murmured, petting down Akane's back.

With this unfolding, the lead gave a high laugh, amusement reigning in her features. Destroy her? Oh, please! This was just pathetic! These villagers really had been fed the bad end of the stick hadn't they! The girl, kill her family? Absolute nonsense!

"It isn't funny, you sick bitch!" Chie snarled again, placing Akane down and standing at her full height, finding that she was a couple inches taller than the bandit leader.

"You wouldn't dare," the leader viciously hissed, but staying her ground. "You villagers honestly have no idea for what truly has happened to that family, do you?"

"And we're supposed to believe you do?" the taller woman asked down, a few of the village men standing and supporting her.

"And did any of you ever bother to ask her yourself?" Tomoe inquired, tilting her head.

A muscle in Chie's face twitched, and the ochre-eyed woman sat back down. "No, we didn't."

"Then how about find out yourself before taking on team?" Tomoe inquired, leaning in, a mocking gaze painting her features as she narrowed her eyes. "Let me tell you something, there is a rule in this group. We're one team, and so-no one is against each other. If one of my men threatens your women, he shall be punished; however, this doesn't make your side of the bargain any different."

"Tch, whatever." Chie grumbled, bowing her head. Why hadn't she asked Mai about her past, instead of just believing what had come out of the villager's mouths?

"But as I was saying, she is fine isn't she, for the time being?" The leader asked more gently, toned down. "I disallow any uproar throughout the group, be it from my own or others." Perhaps Mashiro could look after her... he did seem to be somewhat gentle around newcomers.

"I'll look after her." Chie promised softly, speaking to herself more than Tomoe.

Tomoe spied her orbs across the woman's body, and gradually brought them over to Akane, the girl having not moved once, her body tense. "Then do so, ask for Mashiro if you need anything for her, he's probably the kindest caring bandit we have." And with that, the leader left, nodding over to Takeda who had finally returned.

"The dogs are fed and ready to go." Takeda reported, standing stiff at attention.

"That is good."

"Mm. You should go fetch the girl, Ma'am. We're about ready to leave." The scarred man spun on his heel, going to prepare his and Tomoe's horses.

"Perhaps I should," Tomoe sighed.

Waking once again, Mai groaned softly as she sat up on Tomoe's bedroll. The woman's scent was sharp in her nose, though it was oddly calming for the girl.

"You are awake?"

"Mm." the girl mumbled in reply, slouching as she sat up.

"It seems I managed to get some sense into those villagers," Tomoe casually murmured, coming to standstill before Mai and tilting a brow. It actually surprised her Mai hadn't tried to attack her... yet. At least not in her Human form anyway.

Shaking her head, Mai stood up, stumbling as sleep still dazed her.

Capturing the busty girl, almost immediately, Tomoe shook her head, exhaling softly into the priestess' neck, "What do you think you are doing? Getting up so quickly will merely make you faint," she grumbled.

Feeling the warm breath on her skin, Mai blinked slowly and leaned back into the older woman, murmuring apologies.

She didn't have time for this, scanning the cave; Tomoe noted that the only thing to be collected was the bedding. This set into motion, she grunted, wrapping an arm around the girl, "I suppose that'll have to wait for later." And so, she abruptly hoisted the redhead up.

Yipping in surprise, Mai gripped one of Tomoe's forearms.

"I'm not having you collapse on me at a time like this."

"I can stand by myself." The girl argued without avail against the bandit leader.

"You'll be sitting in about two minutes again anyway," Tomoe rolled her eyes, issuing an order to some of the bandits to fetch the bedding from inside the cave.

Huffing, Mai rested her head against Tomoe's shoulder and let the woman carry her.

Curiously, Tomoe gazed down to her, the sun soon blinding her slightly and causing her to cringe.

"…" After a moment, Mai lifted one of her arms and let the long, baggy sleeve of her white kimono shield Tomoe's eyes.

Hesitantly, the leader brought her gaze back to her, looking at her in the eye, "...Ah?" What was this exactly? Why was this girl helping her so much anyway? Even though she had literally burned down her village?

This miko was far too innocent for her own good.

Trapped by Tomoe's charcoal eyes, the young girl looked back up at the bandit leader. "U-uh… I didn't want you to go blind, I guess."

Tomoe pursed her lips together, breath caught. Why was this girl...? Forcing the thought away, the leader clenched her jaw set, nodding. "The next encampment is a good three hours ride from here."

Mai nodded, lowering her sleeve back down and laying her arm across her stomach. "I thought it would be at least a few days' ride." She murmured idly.

"Hm, it was- at least last week, it took us at least four days to get here."

"Hn." Closing her eyes, the girl rested against Tomoe.

The shrine maiden seemed suspiciously comfortable around her; perhaps it was because Tomoe had allowed her to sleep in her beddings? Tomoe tightened her grip on the tired girl slightly, nodding over to Takeda who was by the horses.

Takeda bowed in reply, bringing Tomoe's auburn horse over to the woman.

"Now, up, up, or I'll have to sling you onto the horse," the leader muttered, beginning to help the girl onto the saddle of the beast.

"Wasn't sleeping." The girl murmured, hoisting herself up and grabbing onto the horn of the saddle.

Tomoe smirked, "Sure."

Grumbling under her breath, Mai quieted down when Tomoe mounted the horse behind her, pressing against the priestess.

"Takeda! The villagers have been gathered, yes?" She asked down to the man, the scarred bandit having begun to mount his own horse.

"Yes, Ma'am." Takeda nodded, mounting his large black stallion. "Yuuichi's bringing up the rear, just to make sure none of them try to run."

"That is good," the leader remarked, gazing over her shoulder, eying the slowly approaching bandits and villagers alike.

"Are you going to stay in front of us and scout, or should I?" the scarred man asked, holding his horse's reins in one hand.

Hm... this would definitely be a considerate change to scout for once, gradually, Tomoe removed her gaze away from the people and eyed Mai for a few moments, their gaze locking. "... It would be nice."

Mai blinked at Tomoe as the woman's second-in-command nodded, staying behind.

Kicking the beast into the side firmly, Tomoe sent the horse off in a steady but decently level trot.

Gripping the saddle horn, the young priestess steeled her legs on either side of the horse. It was strange to be riding in front of another person, she discovered, feeling Tomoe's body lightly rubbing against her back.

"You're not uncomfortable? Are you?" The bandit leader asked, noticing the miko's strained shoulders.

"This feels weird." Mai commented softly, gripping the saddle tighter.

A smirk made its way along the leader's lips finely, leaning in, but keeping a firm hold onto the reins she spoke quietly, "You have no experience yet, do you?"

"E-eh?" Mai's cheeks darkened, peering at Tomoe from the corner of her eye. After a moment, the girl shook her head, an embarrassed air about her.

"Although that isn't surprising, a miko doesn't have sexual relationships after all," even though there was that time... Tomoe laughed lowly.

Bringing her eyes forward again, Mai carefully scooted up in the saddle.

Oh... she'll calm down and give up eventually, Tomoe knew of this.

Closing her eyes, the young redhead kneaded the saddle horn between her hands, a nervous habit she had picked up over the years of taking care of a village that hated her.

Bringing the horse to a gentle stop, Tomoe peered out to the landscape, their position being close by to a lake, a spring perhaps? It had barely been ten minutes, so they should wait for the others.

Mai opened her eyes, continuing the massage the leather in her hands as she looked around.

The others should be arriving soon, in about a moment perhaps.

Takeda's horse trotted up to be alongside Tomoe's, the man looking around.

"It seems nice out, there doesn't appear to be any enemy bandits out either," Tomoe spoke to the scarred man.

"Hn… but the army will be going through that village we burned down. It'd be best for us to keep moving." Takeda considered.

"Ah, of course, the army," she snarled in response, how could she have forgotten. "Order them to move faster! It seems we are going to have to make a wide march to the mountain edge which is a day away from here."

Takeda nodded as Tomoe's horse trotted ahead again to scout, the man going back to the group of bandits and villagers to round stragglers up.

The army, such cowardly fools- Tomoe scowled, her knuckles whitening upon the impulse of her grip around the reins.

Mai leaned back into Tomoe as the woman's horse began to canter, holding onto the saddle horn tightly as she steeled her legs on either side of the animal.

Nails digging crescents into the palms of her hands, strangely enough, the shorter female leaning into her calmed her somewhat, Tomoe's hands soon loosening a little, and then-she murmured.

"Hn?" The young redhead looked up from her place against Tomoe's chest.

"It's getting warmer," the older female commented.

"It is." Mai agreed quietly, thinking of something else. It was a strange feeling, having another's body against hers. The sensation made the pit of her stomach warm.

It was odd, because Tomoe could sense something about this girl, a tingling; usually it wouldn't affect her but... Silently she gazed down to Mai.

Stiffening, the priestess swallowed quietly and closed her eyes as she felt Tomoe rub against her due to the horse's galloping.

She wasn't uncomfortable at all; in fact, Tomoe was beginning to suspect the girl was starting to enjoy it, oddly enough. Tomoe brought the reins into one hand, wrapping an arm around the girl's waist, "... I won't do anything," she promised, dipping down just far enough to hush into the miko's ear.

Mai stiffened further as she felt Tomoe's hot breath on her ear, nodding swiftly.

'Hm, cute...' The leader eyed her once more, but once brought her eyes back to the twisting path before them, the path soon entering the forest. "Perhaps we should move off road," she mumbled, mostly to herself as she took a quick glance over her shoulder.

Takeda and the others were still slightly behind.

"It'd make it harder for the army to follow you." Mai spoke up. 'Wait a second, why am I helping her?'

'She is helping me?' Tomoe glanced down to her in wonder.

"I-it was just a suggestion." The girl darted her eyes away and gripped the saddle horn tightly.

"Whatever you say... Mai."

Mai shivered when Tomoe said her name. Was the woman purposely using that thick tone with her?

Back to top Go down

Post by Galactic-Eternal Wolvetta Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:00 am

Smouldering Hurricane
Chapter Three: Torn Manipulation
The Dark Meister
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta

~~S~~

Takeda and the rest of the group appearing around the bend of the thicket, Tomoe turned the horse around, awaiting them. They would definitely take a different route through the forest, of course it would be a rougher path, but their tracks would be covered by the overgrowth.

Takeda stopped his horse one he was a few feet in front of his leader, smirking thinly as he idly noticed the blushing girl in front of Tomoe.

She had done something, hadn't she? Taking no notice of the girl literally between her legs, Tomoe ushered the bandits to make their way off of the path, giving the strays leveled stares.

Takeda chuckled to himself as he rode along.

Mai leaned forward slightly; the smirk Takeda had sent her just worsened her blush.

Luckily however, Tomoe wasn't able to see her, so at least she had some leverage away from her continued teasing? Pleased once her men and captured villagers had made their way off of the path, Tomoe followed after them, taking the lead once more, "We should avoid the stream for now; else the royal outposts could stop us."

Mai nodded silently, staying ahead of Tomoe in the saddle, not wanting contact with the woman. The said contact with the bandit's front had made Kagutsuchi stir, and the girl didn't know why. In fact, it had scared her slightly. Never had the demon reacted like that from anything.

Feeling the shift within the woman in front of her, Tomoe unconsciously gripped hold of the reins with both hands once more, fiddling idly with the leather between her fingers.

"Go away." The priestess whispered, clutching hold of her stomach. She heard Kagutsuchi snarl angrily, but there was something else behind the growl that Mai couldn't place her finger on.

"He's getting at you, isn't he," the leader silently inquired.

Mai nodded, gripping her kimono.

Tomoe frowned, "Perhaps..." Deftly she reached over the girl, cupping the gemstone into her hand.

Feeling Kagutsuchi stir powerfully again at this proximity, Mai breathed in sharply.

"You're not ill, are you?"

"N-no." the girl exhaled raggedly, gripping the leather saddle with both hands again.

Briskly, Tomoe held an arm upwards, halting the group, with this, she carefully slide from the saddle bringing the girl with her.

Mai felt her stomach burn, her pupils changing into a deep blood-red. "What is this?" she whispered, confused.

Surely Kagutsuchi wasn't angry at a time like this? But for whatever reason why the fire demon was annoyed for, they didn't have the time. Cautiously, Tomoe clasped hold of her katana tightly, she didn't have any wards with her... and her crystal was out of reach. Lovely.

Clutching at her chest, the girl fell to her knees as rings of fire swirled around her faintly.

This girl... why was she reacting so...? Tomoe backed away, the others doing so along with the horses become spooked automatically upon Mai's actions.

With a choked cry, the fire around Mai flared up as her featured strengthened; fangs and claws taking their places. Turning around with the eyes of the demon, the girl looked at Tomoe with eyes blazing with an emotion unfamiliar to Mai.

This wasn't Kagutsuchi from before, Tomoe took note, tensing.

Taking a lurching step towards Tomoe, Mai let out a strangled growl.

Obviously she'd be after her of all people, Tomoe groaned, bringing her katana out and levelly bringing it forth. And no one was helping her? Oh, well she supposed.

Taking note of the threat, Kagutsuchi commanded Mai's body to leap at Tomoe, her claws slicing though the steel of the woman's katana. Soon the two were on the ground, Mai hovering over Tomoe with her fingers digging into the ground, fangs bared.

Either this demon hated her, wanted to eat her or perhaps even tear her apart, but either way she didn't like all that much. Tomoe swallowed, staring up to the lost priestess.

Mai's eyes shook, the girl fighting Kagutsuchi back down. Struggling, she lifted one of her hands and lashed out with her claws, slicing through the armor of Tomoe's chest before Mai could regain control. Falling onto Tomoe, the girl was roughly dragged off by a couple of the bandits.

Crashing onto the moldy, and distastefully moist soil of the forest, Tomoe grunted, groaning, only to release a loud hiss upon the sharp sensations clouding her chest, veiling the nerves painfully. Hastily, she lunged a hand to her chest, "W-what?"

"Wench." Mai's body jerked as a bandit kicked her in the side, the other joining in and beating on one of her legs.

"That's enough!" Takeda's voice boomed. His hands lunged out and grabbed the scrawny men, throwing them to the side as if they were nothing.

Sitting up uncomfortably, Tomoe removed her hand, cringing once she spotted blood. She was bleeding?

"Try to keep still." Yuuichi rushed forward with bandages as Takeda took care of Mai. The blonde man wrapped up Tomoe's wound neatly.

"Her claws are as sharp as Yuuki's daggers," she hissed.

"That's pretty sharp." Yuuichi chuckled, helping Tomoe stand up.

"... Where is she?" Tomoe grumbled, getting up and pulling at her torn haori.

"Takeda is taking care of her." the man replied. He looked up to see Mai laying on the ground still, Takeda going to get chains from his saddlebag.

Ah, but really? Just what had caused Kagutsuchi to react so desperately?

Going to touch the girl's skin, the scarred man recoiled as his hand was burned. Scowling deeply, Takeda was tempted to kick Mai himself, just for hurting Tomoe.

Tomoe would tame her, definitely.

Pushing the man aside, she suspiciously gazed down to Mai's gemstone, the ruby of orange giving out an odd shine to its surface. '... What is this...?' She outstretched a hand.

Takeda scowled down at the small girl for another moment before going to remount his horse.

Fire swirled inside of the ruby, Mai letting out a small mewl as she shifted on the ground.

It was something about her, wasn't it? Tomoe was causing these odd reactions within the girl, wasn't she? Tomoe cautiously shifted away, withdrawing her hand.

"How are we going to transport her, Ma'am?" Yuuichi asked.

"Not near me, she's reacting to me somehow," the leader replied.

There was a spark of eagerness in Yuuichi's eyes, and the young man heaved Mai up.

"Without lust-ridden actions either," Tomoe warned, mounting up onto her own horse, pulling at the reins to calm it down somewhat.

Dipping his head in understanding, Yuuichi got up into the saddle of his horse with Mai in front of him.

It felt oddly lonely for her now, here without Mai, Tomoe mused thoughtfully, brushing the thought aside however she brought her horse back to the front, ignoring the hushed whispering behind her. Oh, she knew full well of the drying blood on her back.

Yuuichi wrapped a muscled arm around Mai, enjoying how the young girl rubbed against him as his horse walked.

'No teasing from me then," Tomoe sighed.

"You're sure it's a good idea to leave the girl with Tate?" Takeda asked. He could tell from the look on the younger man's face that he was getting excited already.

"If he does," Tomoe spoke levelly, looking straight ahead, "I'll kill him myself."

"Better sharpen your katana." The scarred man murmured back. "He was talking about her all last night at the feast."

Was he now? The leaders orbs of storm powder narrowed, turning her gaze to the blonde man he growled. "Yuuichi, I have warned you!"

Yuuichi stared at his leader, eyebrows raised so high they were hidden by his bangs.

"Else I'll slice your neck with my blade," she fumed.

"…Perhaps the girl should ride with you. There are wards in your saddle bag." Takeda spoke up.

Tomoe's shoulders slumped, "I don't know Takeda, first she is fine, then she reacts unknowingly." Perhaps she was cursed?

"I think it's the demon, not you or the girl."

"Demon or not, it's still a problem," Tomoe concluded, eying the blonde man suspiciously still.

"Tate!" Takeda barked, the young man coming up to his captains. Takeda took Mai from in front of the blonde, placing her down in front of Tomoe. "She's your pet." He smirked lightly.

Pet... She quite liked the sound of that.

"Now, scout ahead." Takeda felt no fear as he ordered his leader what to do, making sure Tomoe was holding the reins tightly before he smacked her horse's rump.

A pet which was rebelling against her, who didn't want to be tamed, and just slightly, Tomoe growled angrily. This girl had almost...

Getting jostled due to the horse galloping, Mai groaned and opened her eyes, feeling a dampness against her back.

"You have explaining to do, girl," a voice lowly hissed into her ear.

The priestess stiffened against Tomoe, wondering what she did wrong now.

"The reaction, what was that?" Tomoe asked, slowing the horse down by just a bit to adjust better to the environment around them. The trees were becoming more denser about them, and the leader was sure if she didn't bring the beast to a more reasonable speed that would end up crashing into a tree instead.

"I… I don't know." The girl replied softly. All she could remember was the burning in the pit of her stomach.

Tomoe grumbled at this, but fell silent.

"…what did I do?"

"Your claws are rather sharp," Tomoe idle mused, mostly to herself and pulling on the reins of the horse, bidding the large beast to curve around a set of trees and continue on. "It seems Kagutsuchi has taken a liking to ripping me apart."

Mai nodded, scooting up in the saddle.

"Also, it seems Yuuichi has been speaking about you obsessively, we had to take you away from him earlier."

"Ugh." The girl shuddered; the look Yuuichi gave her sent shivers up her spine.

"I'll kill him myself if he dares to do anything," Tomoe spoke softly, surprising herself even by how delicate her tone sounded.

Mai looked up at Tomoe as she leaned her head back onto the woman's shoulder. "Thank you." She murmured.

"There is no need to thank me," Tomoe muttered, glancing away slightly, "It's the law of the group."

"Eh?" the girl's eyebrows creased. She was a part of the group? Surely Tomoe just wanted to use her?

"The rule of the group is to not harm others who are connected to us."

"Oh." Mai nodded, leaning back into Tomoe.

"Hm, go back to sleep," the leader ushered. It would be a long day of travelling.

"Not tired." The priestess muttered, gripping the saddle horn.

"Whatever suits you," this wasn't going to work out properly was it? This girl was so stubborn! "Very well," Tomoe grunted, bringing the reins into one hand securely and unconsciously rubbing at her bandaged wound.

"Do you want me to heal that?" Mai asked, feeling Tomoe rubbing the wound behind her back.

"We don't have the time, the royal army could be travelling up the nearby path this very moment," Tomoe hurriedly responded, catching hold of the reins in both hands. And who's telling what type of soldiers they had this time... the Empress' own army was... "Um."

"What?"

"No, it isn't anything," the leader pushed the thoughts of nonsense anyway. This wasn't the time to be thinking about the Empress, besides, she needed to tame this girl before that was to happen...

Mai nodded silently, closing her indigo eyes.

Was this girl really tired? Perhaps so, or maybe not, but either way, surely she would be drained?

"It hurts." The girl spoke up softly, leaning back into the bandit leader. "It hurts when you make me use him. And when he tries escaping."

But wasn't it not her fault for this time? Tomoe lifted a brow, thinking. Or could it have been...? The leader's brow furrowed, lips pursing.

"I don't know why he went crazy." Mai continued. "But it started when my stomach got warm."

"...Hm," the leader murmured a hum.

... A warm stomach?

"It felt weird." The girl added.

A twisting to the stomach, binding it into knots? A knowing smile crossed Tomoe's features, and slowly, she leaned a little back from the miko, "Oh... Is that so?"

"Mm." the small miko turned her torso to look up at Tomoe, confusion etched onto her face.

"It isn't anything," she smirked in response, "Go back to sleep, little priestess." She'll learn eventually, oh, definitely.

Mai was puzzled by the look on Tomoe's face, but brushed it off and faced forward again.

But what to do... Tomoe wasn't stupid, if she was to... do various things to this girl so soon, it would outrage her bandits.

The younger girl let her small frame relax against Tomoe's. She felt oddly comfortable around the woman, maybe because of the way she treated the priestess?

And yet why should she be comfortable around this woman? She burned down the village! Barely without any mercy! The reins of leather quivered from under Tomoe's grip abruptly.

"Hn?" Mai gave off a questioning sound, feeling the older woman tense behind her.

"There is something stalking us," the leader sharply hissed.

Mai stiffened, sitting stock-straight as her heightened senses picked up a threatening scent. Of course, as the capsule of Kagutsuchi, her senses hadn't stayed human either.

Scanning the area quickly, Tomoe kept the horse going at a reasonable speed, but not enough to declare their stress. She was sure, she could sense it staring at her!

Mai gripped the saddle horn, wishing that she had her bow and quiver of arrows. The girl was proud to say she was a decent shot with her bow.

But what was this entity, and where was it? The others were close by, but how so she wasn't sure. Gritting her teeth, Tomoe let out a groan.

Tilting her head up, Mai closed her eyes and sniffed at the air. When the girl opened her eyes again, her pupils were dark red, but she showed no signs of loosing control.

Noticing this change in the miko, Tomoe curiously glanced down to her, watching the girl with interest. Mai had the ability of Kagutsuchi even without using his power?

Her eyes staring in the direction of the threatening smell, Mai's slight claws dug into the leather of the saddle horn. Whatever was out there was a hazard, and she would get rid of it.

"Which direction?" Tomoe softly spoke, leaning over soundlessly.

"West." Mai murmured, her eyes locked onto the forest.

In the forest, hm? "Well... considering you don't like the sensation of Kagutsuchi I'll..." Hand clasped to her katana, having been about to slip out of the saddle once she stopped the muscled beast, Tomoe narrowed her eyes, orbs of powdered steel targeting the forest cautiously. She felt as if something was about to...

Mai leaped as a large bear towered over Tomoe, biting into its throat with her fangs. While Kagutsuchi wasn't controlling her, her animal instincts were, the girl's claws ripping at the bear's shoulders.

With a howling roar, the large beast flailed its arms in a wild attempt to get Mai off of it.

A bear? In these parts? Tomoe jumped back, eyes partially widening upon the display before her.

The large animal bellowed angrily, slamming Mai onto the ground and trying to tear her open. Mai was, however, far too quick for the bear, and she sprung at it again, slicing at its chest and spraying thick crimson blood over her white kimono.

Oh, wasn't this perfect? Tomoe couldn't do anything, since her crystal would affect Mai, so she was stuck here. Her wards couldn't stop a bear for damn sakes! Tomoe growled angrily, tensing her hold on her katana as she took an alert stance, staring up to the bear and demon-miko.

Mai hissed at the bear, her arm getting slashed. Blood spurted from the wound, steam rising up from the cuts, slowly mending the flesh.

This young girl was the ultimate killing machine, more than she ever thought so, Tomoe realized. Gathering herself together hastily, she rounded the bear silently. But how would she do this, if the priestess was ripping the wild animal apart as it was already?

With a cry, Mai jumped at the wild animal again and slashed at its throat. The bear roared, swatting the girl down and pressing one of its huge paws onto her chest. The priestess gasped and sputtered under the massive weight. She could feel her chest getting crushed.

Barely a few meters away from the towering bear, Tomoe brought her katana up swiftly, slicing down at the animals back with a strength impossible. Like she was allowing her pet to die at a time like this! Grunting, she jumped back, avoiding the piecing claws of the bear swinging its arm at her as it turned. "Come on then!" She hissed, taunting.

With a heave of strength, Mai got back onto her feet. As the bear's clawed, massive paw careened towards Tomoe, the small redhead jumped and slashed at the back of its neck. Her fingers curled into fists, and she slammed one into the bear's spine, a sickening crack sounding out.

Mai had gotten it? Tomoe's gaze snapped to the girl for a few moments, however, her hands clenched around the sword in her hands by an even greater lock.

Though she had snapped the animal's spine, Mai was thrown backwards and slashed at. With a cry of pain, the girl felt the bear's long, black claws slash her stomach, blood spurting and streaming out as the animal fell dead to the ground.

Eventually, the beast fell down to the floor with a loud crash, and with it, Tomoe hurried over to the miko's side. Although she was still confused as to why she would really.

Mai looked down to her wound. Swallowing back bile at the sight of her torn flesh, the girl's still-clawed hands pressed into her stomach, steam rising up. Without Kagutsuchi, however, she didn't have enough power to seal it shut.

Mai's vision spun, blood flowing from her wound as she collapsed forward.

"You foolish girl," Tomoe growled, quickly kneeling before the young temple maiden.

Mai breathed quickly, her small frame shaking as she lost blood at an alarming rate.

She was going to have to change into Kagutsuchi again, Tomoe furrowed a brow.

Mai looked up at Tomoe, her eyes begging the woman not to make her release Kagutsuchi again. Whenever he was released, the girl felt an immense pain bolt up her spine, ripping through her body like the claws of a wildcat.

"Come on," the leader spoke up firmly, rubbing at her forehead, demanding herself to think. They were close to the lake, perhaps a stream also? Ah, there wasn't anything helping it. Standing, the bandit Mistress began to unclasp her armor, the strong metal clanging to the ground. Her haori would have to do for the time being to help the girl.

With a pained grunt, Mai flipped onto her back. Her wound needed to get cleaned, and she needed pressure on the cuts desperately.

Rushed, Tomoe slipped out of her haori, grumbling as her toned, but bandaged flesh came into view, cringing ever so subtly as the fresh bandages against her wound pulled faintly. Lowering, she gently pressed the material to Mai's pulsing tear in her stomach, brow twitching.

Mai closed her eyes, her hands twitching quickly. Was she even going to make another few minutes?

"I disallow you to die," Tomoe hissed coldly, securely wrapping the haori around the miko's wound she hoisted the girl up into her arms, scowling once she realized the horse had vanished. To the nearby stream connecting to the lake was probably a few minutes by foot.

The young redhead lifted a shaking hand, placing it on Tomoe's shoulder as her chest heaved.

The stream coming into sight, along with the rush of water, the viridian haired warrior didn't slow down however.

Mai was passed out by now, her head lolling as Tomoe jogged with her in her arms.

Sickly, cursed bastard bear... Gradually reaching the gentle stream, its radius by a few feet, Tomoe growled. Perfect, just honestly... The leader didn't like this, especially when something which belonged to her threatened to disappear.

The young girl's heart started to slow in her chest. Blood seeped from her wound less steadily, the muscle pumping it around starting to give up on her.

And not to mention, this girl was dying. Steadily, she brought the redhead to the edge of the stream.

Once she was in the water, Mai trembled unconsciously from the cold water.

Screw this, the leader's mind snidely remarked, following in after Mai and coming closer, pressing her palms into the wound and pushing. This temple maiden was her only hope to capturing the Empress!

"Nn." Mai's eyebrows knit together. Tomoe was applying too much pressure; her wound needed to be cleansed and dressed.

"Damn it," Tomoe cursed, she had never understood this properly! She wasn't a healer! Delicately, but rushed, she removed the bandages, her mind unconsciously taking in the female's curved, slender sides and breasts before going back to work. The bear's claws had looked awfully terrible so... she supposedly she needed to get the dirt out of the girl's wound-and fast.

The girl's wounds were caked with blood and dirt.

And yet, somehow-the blood reminded her of Kagutsuchi's fire. Shaking her head, Tomoe dunked the bloody hoari into the stream, the material instead becoming wet. Gently lowering down, so she was before Mai with the water to her waist, she delicately dabbed at the miko's wound.

Steam seeped from the redhead's injuries, helping only feebly to seal up the large gash.

Maybe if Tomoe continued to do this, the priestess' body would unconsciously help her?

Mai's arms were half submerged in the water, her fiery hair doused by the cold stream. The steam continued to rise from her stomach.

But if Tomoe wasn't going to get her out of here soon, Mai would likely freeze. "Why would she help me...?" She mumbled, dipping the material back into the water, urg, she was going to have to get a new haori.

"Tomoe?" Takeda's deep voice sounded out, the man looking down at his leader and the small redhead from his horse. The other bandits were most likely behind him, as he had taken up the lead. "What happened?"

"A bear, an adult."

"Eish." Takeda scowled at that. "We came across a dead bear. When we checked it, its spine was shattered all the way down. It's going to be made into a pelt."

At least it has its uses, Tomoe's eyes narrowed, eyes firmly locked onto the gradually healing wound before her.

"What in seven hells happened to the girl?"

"Lucky hit from the damned bear, when its spine snapped," the leader spoke, annoyed- she was still put off that she had almost lost this girl.

"Damn." Takeda cursed, bringing his horse down to the creek. "We should stay here for a while, then." He muttered, grimacing at the damage.

"She isn't used to this pain," the warrior idly remarked, shivering as the water lapped at her.

"I would think not." Takeda dismounted his horse, taking off his black and red haori and laying it on the ground, wading into the stream.

"She saved me," she replied more softly.

"Kind little thing she is." The scarred man murmured, smoothing his hand over where Mai wasn't wounded.

"We need to get her out, else she'll freeze to death." Tomoe was sure the girl's wound was alright, at least... for the moment.

"Mm." Takeda lifted Mai from the water, bringing her over to his dry haori and laying her down to get bandages from his saddlebag.

"We need Aoi," catching sight of the other bandits by the captured villagers, Tomoe scurried her eyes about them, attempting to seek out their medically fascinated warrior.

"I will fetch her." Takeda dipped his head, rushing off to find the chocolate-haired brunette.

Now... what was she to do with this foolish woman? Tomoe pressed her lips together, knelt beside the girl. But why? Why would Mai save her knowingly when she had done so much to her? Tomoe had destroyed this girl's home, some of the people she may have known, even though they would've probably disliked her. Honestly, it was almost selfless.

A brunette with baby-blue eyes sprinted towards Tomoe, Takeda close behind her as her long legs pumped.

"Here, Aoi," the leader called over hastily, moving away.

Aoi came over to her leader and Mai, kneeling by the small girl. "Poor thing." She cooed softly, getting her medical pack from Takeda. "She'll need to be stitched up, no doubt."

That wasn't surprising at all, after all-the girl had been slashed by a beast, a bear whose claws could be as powerful as hers.

"Takeda-san," Aoi spoke, the second-in-command looking down at her. "Keep the others away from here."

"Understood." Takeda bowed, guiding the bandits over to another area where they would set up camp.

They would definitely need to keep Yuuichi away from here. Glancing over, back to the group which was being herded away, Tomoe scowled, lifting from the ground.

Aoi took out some poultices, dabbing one of them onto her finger and tracing it over the thin areas of the slashes.

"She'll be alright, won't she?" Tomoe asked her, orbs still locked onto the huddled crowd.

"A mortal would have been sliced in half, Tomoe." Aoi spoke grimly. "She'll be fine."

There was something else she had also noticed about this girl though, Tomoe furrowed a brow, looking back down to the two females. A scar-but only faint, it was certainly nothing alike to her battle scars, but it made her wonder, how did the miko get it?

"Hn, what's that?" The brunette had also noticed the little mark.

"A scar maybe?" The leader mused, lowering back down to gaze at it curiously.

"Hm." Aoi brushed the girl's kimono down further, letting one of her slender fingers trace over the scar.

"How many stitches?" Tomoe asked suspiciously.

"Not many." Aoi brought out a needle and some thick thread.

"That is good," Tomoe nodded.

"Mm." the doctor figure nodded also, bringing the needle through some of Mai's skin and tugging it over to the other side, the thread pulling on the girl's flesh gently.

But it did amaze Tomoe- yes, Mai would have been utterly torn apart if it wasn't due to her not exactly being all that Human.

"It's amazing that she has such a monster inside of her." the brunette murmured. "But can still look and be so innocent."

To desperately seek comfort from a whole village of negative, supportive people would do that to anybody-Tomoe knew of this especially.

Aoi sealed up Mai's wound. "Tell Takeda he'll have to get a new shirt." She spoke, wrapping up the small girl in the man's haori.

"It seems we both do," Tomoe murmured, "Takeda!" She barked.

"Yes, Ma'am?" the shirtless man ran up to her, Aoi lifting Mai with ease.

Body was the best form of warmth in these situations... Tomoe realized. "The bandages, they are soft, yes?" Just why was she thinking on this girl's well being so much?

"Of course." Aoi mumbled.

Soft bandages... so the girl wouldn't feel too uncomfortable, at least to an extent. "We'll take a look at that odd scar later," she murmured, turning to address her bandits.

"What to do with you, you tiny little thing?" Aoi asked, gently cradling the injured priestess.

"Aoi has become attached to your pet." Takeda remarked.

"This girl is too innocently cute for her own good," Tomoe grumbled, eying the nurse-like woman out the corner of her eye.

"Hm," Takeda huffed out a laugh. "Indeed."

It almost disgusted the leader.

"We need to set up camp." The scarred man reasoned, looking to the bandits who were already making the largest shelter for Tomoe.

"I'll have her, she's better off being well away from the bandits," Tomoe growled, lifting her hand to fetch over a few bandits who leapt to attention. "Due to last night, we need more food supplies! Try the stream and lake!"

"The forests around the lake should be full of boar and deer as well." Takeda spoke loudly to the pack of hunters.

"And make sure to lure the dangerous animals away," the leader ordered sharply, they didn't need another attack, especially with Mai being injured. Who knew how the demon would react inside of her?

The group of six men, including Yuuichi, bowed before running off to gather their equipment.

At least Yuuichi was out of the question for a while. Tomoe collected herself, flickering her attention back over to Aoi.

The medic was still cradling Mai, and Aoi looked back to Tomoe. "Yes?"

"I shall take her, thank you, Aoi," she spoke kindly to her, meaningfully.

"Come see me if there are any problems." The brunette handed Mai to her leader, bowing deeply before turning to help set up camp.

"Hm... now," Tomoe peered down to the slumbering girl, "What to do with you..."

Mai's breathing had returned to normal, the bundled up girl snuggling into Takeda's haori.

But the temple maiden wasn't under threat of dying now, so that was a good benefit. The shelter would be finished soon, she would need to get the bedding sorted out though, and that could be difficult since it would mean placing Mai against the cold, rugged floor for a few minutes.

"Hm... extra blankets, definitely."

"Mashiro is done with making the bear pelt." Takeda's voice interrupted Tomoe's thoughts.

"Oh?" Already?" Tomoe looked over to him, shifting the girl's weight in her arms slightly, "... That was quick, even for him."

"Yes, Yuuichi helped him." Takeda nodded.

Tomoe's eyebrows rose.

"I take it you want it, seeing as the beast attacked you?"

Its scent could scare the miko though... but... the leader stared down to the still unconscious redhead vixen, tilting her head. "She'll need extra bedding."

"Of course." Takeda bowed, turning on his heel to go prepare Tomoe's bedding.

Or maybe she didn't? Tomoe trailed after him, absently taking note of how well Mai's body seemed to mesh against hers.

"The girl will need her wounds cleaned daily, undoubtedly." The scarred man murmured to his leader.

"And given plenty to eat and drink, to simulate the system."

"She will get plenty of food, I assure you."

Tomoe nodded, "This is good." The shelter was ready it seemed, as they reached it, it wasn't big in structure, but that wasn't surprising, they were bandits in makeshift houses. The other bandits were lucky if they got to share one shelter with at least three others. Although the higher ranking bandits such as Takeda, Yuuichi and Mashiro got ones almost in comparison to hers.

"It's quite large on the inside of the shelters." Takeda commented, pulling back the curtain of deer fur and gesturing for Tomoe to step inside.

"Indeed it is," the teal haired female spoke, side-stepping inside to avoid the girl's wound being snagged.

Tomoe's shelter was built as a dome, the floor dipping down a few inches before coming level. In the centre, the bandits had dug their leader a fire-pit, the flame already low.

"They enjoy pampering you." Takeda chuckled, stepping into the shelter as well.

"They do seem to," even though usually bandits wouldn't give a damn. "Hm..." Tomoe's eyes trailed, searching the detail of the dome-like shelter. It was simple, and yet surprisingly perfect for taking care of the girl.

"We'll bring in your map and scrolls later." Takeda bowed deeply, exiting the shelter.

Left to settle into the silence of the shelter, Tomoe continued to stand there, the apricot-haired redhead still held gently but firmly within her arms. "... I was saved," she whispered, frowning.

Mai's soft and silky skin seemed to glow in the firelight, her eyes closed in a peaceful expression.

Gently, she placed the girl down onto the bedding. Hissing, she rubbed at her forehead and cupped her temples, "She couldn't honestly be...?"

Mai was instantly cuddling into the furs and blankets, Takeda's hoari wrapped around her slim torso.

This girl... Tomoe wanted to be able to sleep in her own bed tonight but...

Mai's face held almost childish peacefulness, curled up in the furs.

"You damn girl, you are tempting me," Tomoe hissed.

Of course, the haori had to ride up on Mai's back, showing Tomoe the expanse of silky skin.

Heaving a breath sharply, Tomoe peered away. She wasn't about to break her own rules in such a situation!

The young redhead mumbled in her sleep, rolling around on the furs and blankets.

Screw it! Tomoe growled, it was Mai's own fault for being so... she wasn't sure.

Mai was unaware of the approaching woman until she was rolled onto her back. Blearily blinking her eyes, she looked up at Tomoe.

"You..." Tomoe's eyes narrowed, fluttering as she knelt beside her.

"Mn?" Mai rubbed one of her eyes with a fist.

"You almost died, you need warmth, else you'll get ill." Well it was true! Besides... she wanted her bed, Tomoe grumbled.

The young girl blinked at Tomoe tiredly, giving a soft nod. Who was she to stop the woman from sleeping in her own bed?

This girl was so fascinating, even without her powers, but for how many days, months would Tomoe think in on this? Surely this pet was just a plaything? She had barely known the miko for a few days! In the least, she believed Mai would rather kill her than anything else. 'Such an… odd girl,' Tomoe grumbled inaudibly and behind to unbind the armor protecting her shins.

Mai rolled onto her side, facing the wall of the shelter as the haori around her slipped down to expose a shoulder.

Such a child, virgin, Tomoe smirked, breathing a faint laugh of amusement as she gazed over to the revealed fresh. Flickering her stormy eyes about the skin contently. But what would happen if Mai was to sudden have another attack? And yet… Tomoe felt as if she didn't care. Putting the armor and boots aside, once removed, she glanced down to her trousers, thinking. "…Hm."

Mai closed her eyes, though she wasn't sleeping. Resting, more like, as she listened to Tomoe take her boots and armor off.

And yet not to mention, this stubborn priestess was so thin, Tomoe furrowed a brow in displeasure. Should she even care?

"Hn." The young girl let out a soft breath, feeling her demon stir. 'What now?" she whispered, closing her eyes tighter. What did the damned thing want?

And what made matters worse, was that for some reason, just some reason, Tomoe allowed the girl to sleep in her bed! She shouldn't be bothered about this, not at all- she was far too experienced to be affected by such a circumstance.

Maybe Kagutsuchi was angry because Mai was on the bandit leader's furs? 'No,' Mai reasoned, opening her eyes to look at the wall. 'It didn't bother him before, I don't see why it would now.'

Perhaps Tomoe should make sure the girl got a bed to herself tomorrow?

Curling into herself a bit to try and calm the beast inside of her, the small redheaded priestess closed her eyes tightly, hugging herself.

Twitching lightly, the bandit leader glanced over her shoulder to the apparently slumbering girl, she was sure she could sense something off... Tomoe eyed her suspiciously, absorbing the girl's appearance. Her shoulders were tense, breathing unlevel.

Kagutsuchi wasn't trying to take over violently, for once. The demon was actually purring to Mai, which scared her. What did he want? The beast had never acted this way before.

But whatever it was, Mai was merely going to have to live with it, considering Tomoe strolled over to the other side of the shelter, seemingly searching for something.

Hearing a soft hiss in her ear, the younger girl curled up tighter.

"Just where is that haori...?" Tomoe grumbled, rummaging around.

Finally unable to stand Kagutsuchi, Mai bolted up with a soft cry, her wound opening slightly despite the stitches.

Hearing the pained yelp, the leader tore her eyes to the short girl, hissing-all attention dropped from the search for the spare hoari and back to Mai. Now what has that stupid girl done?

Takeda's haori merely draped over her shoulders, Mai looked down to the blood sliding down her stomach.

Making a stop behind the girl, Tomoe growled, "What is with you? With all of this..." Stopping the thick, crimson liquid, she barked a curse. This ridiculous-

Mai gripped Tomoe's pant leg, her eyes mixed with confusion, fear, and anger. The girl was panting softly, and no steam arose from her wound. "Kagutsuchi… is refusing to heal me." She breathed out.

And why would that be? Surely the monster wished to continue on with living? Tomoe furrowed a brow, lost as much as Mai, although curious to an extent. "..." Leaning forward, she rolled the short redheaded girl onto her back, locking her trained orbs onto the bleeding wound. It was true... she wasn't healing at all.

"He stopped trying to heal me once we got in here." The young girl continued, her impressive chest starting to vaguely heave.

"Guard!" The leader called out levelly, issuing her command for the lower ranked bandit to enter. "Fetch Aoi, quickly!" She shooed him off harshly, the man hastily nodding and running out in a mere set moments.

"What's the matter?" Aoi rushed into Tomoe's shelter, gripping her medical bag. Her light blue eyes locked onto Mai, and she came to the girl's side quickly.

"The runt decided to jump for some reason," Tomoe mumbled.

"She can't be doing that." Aoi loomed over Mai, paying no mind to the fact that the girl's chest was exposed to her. "Hn." Thinking for a moment, the medic took out a clean cloth from her pouch and pressed it over the wound, stopping the flow of blood.

'I should probably get her a spare hoari too...' Tomoe mused, picking herself up from beside the two women and going back to her original self-made task.

Once she was done cleaning Mai up and applying new bandages, Aoi wrapped the girl up snugly in the haori, pushing her bangs back to kiss the girl's forehead. Mai blinked at the display of affection; it was almost sisterly she thought, as Aoi stood and bowed to Tomoe, exiting the tent.

"Now, don't move as hurriedly next time?" Tomoe softly spoke, surprising even herself. "... You were almost killed by a bear" –'After saving me, for some reason,' – "And you're still incredibly weak." Dropping the spare jacket kimono by the side of the shared bedding, Tomoe knelt down, taking her pervious spot beside Mai and leaning over her gently, checking for any signs of blood on the furs.

"Alright." Mai rasped, sudden tiredness hitting her like a tsunami.

"Now sleep," – 'Else I'll force you myself.'

Mai didn't need to be told twice. Within moments, the girl's eyes had closed and her breathing deepened, evening out.

"Stubborn priestess," the teal haired warrior muttered, rolling her eyes as she finally slipped on one of the dark hoari's she had brought over earlier, its color an azure blue.

The younger girl was sound asleep, completely still except for the soft rise and fall of her chest.

But still... this girl, such an odd attachment. Perhaps it was just... what? Lust? Tomoe looked down upon the young redhead, tilting her head in wonder. Yes, it had to be-but it wasn't like she was going to do something to such a person who was so... innocent? Tomoe shook her head, bemused-no, considering she had never been with someone so inexperienced. She was just imagining things.

Mai heard Kagutsuchi purr again, feeling another weight on the furs. So the demon was reacting to her captor? That would explain things.

Though it wasn't important whether Mai was experienced or not? Was it?

The leader shook her head, rolling a shoulder once she got comfortable, her slender back facing the girl.

Mai fell back into a deeper sleep, rolling onto her side and away from Tomoe.

These furs were beginning to have a different air to them, a scent, Tomoe idly mused-perhaps it was the girl's? Breathing a sigh, either out of exhaustion or who knew what, the leader stared at Mai's back, unresponsively. Kagutsuchi wouldn't heal her? Why ever for?

Murmuring in her sleep, Mai curled into herself.

Gah! Why was she even fighting against this urge? What made this girl different from the rest? Oh, of course- the demon inside of her. Tomoe scoffed, rolling onto her other side, her hawking gaze eying the woman's back. But she was injured- even if she was a bandit; she still had some common sense.

With a soft huff, the young redhead rolled over onto her other side, laying against Tomoe.

Tomoe blinked, glancing down to the Mai, the small female tucking her head into the leader's neck, underneath her chin. What was this...?

Nuzzling the leader's neck with her nose, Mai sighed and relaxed against the older woman.

Now Mai was unconsciously teasing her? This was going to be harder than she first planned. An innocent girl getting under her skin? Ha! It was utterly amusing! Hilarious!

Mai slept, feeling safe against the older woman. Oddly, Tomoe's presence reminded her of when her mother would sleep with her, the girl deprived of her family.

A clingy sleeper? But of course, this didn't surprise Tomoe in the least; the miko hadn't felt love for perhaps almost a decade. From what she had heard anyway, but if it was true for what Mai had spoken of about her family... "Hm..." She shrugged, stuff it, she supposed. Under a slow proceeding, she hesitatingly brought an arm underneath the apricot-haired female; halting in movement once she felt the short woman brush up close to her.

Nuzzling Tomoe's neck again, the young redhead mewled softly, snuggling closer for warmth.

"Whining at me now...?" The bandit leader searched the priestess' features contently, shoulders unconsciously twitching once a pleasurable shiver ran up her arm due to the redhead resting her head atop it. "...?"

Mai's soft, warm breaths met the skin of Tomoe's throat, tucked under the woman's chin as she slept.

But if Tomoe wasn't to sleep, she would just end up staying up the whole night and... what? "Urg, so what?" She was the leader of one of the most infamous bandit groups in the area! She should be allowed to do what she wanted! And yet for some reason her mind was betraying her against this?

One of Mai's arms lazily draped over Tomoe's side, the girl's small hand resting against the bandit leader's back.

Tomoe couldn't sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galactic-Eternal Wolvetta Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:56 am

Smouldering Hurricane
Chapter Four: Crash and Burn
The Dark Meister
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta

~~S~~

The next morning, Mai awoke and blinked her eyes open. Violet traced over the fair skin of Tomoe's neck, and the younger girl blushed softly from the proximity.

Tomoe merely shifted unconsciously, mumbling something.

Mai turned around, yipping quietly as Tomoe wrapped her arms around the girl's waist and folded the priestess into her.

"You're... not going anyway," the leader hushed a scold, grumbling into her ear tiredly. Mai was ill, she wasn't having this ridiculous girl get into trouble again.

The redhead blushed, feeling Tomoe's breasts press into the bare skin of her back. Well, at least the bandit's breasts were covered, she considered.

Or else, mark Tomoe's words, she was sure she would end up doing something to this girl eventually.

Mai placed her hands over Tomoe's forearms, her amethyst eyes flicking about the room. The fire was dead, and the bandits must've brought their leader's belongings in early this morning.

Fortunately enough, it seemed that Kagutsuchi had piped down, Tomoe noticed, why was this? If what she suspected was true about the demon reacting to her somehow, then why wasn't it now?

Mai shook against Tomoe, her nails lightly digging into the woman's skin.

Or not... Tomoe hissed.

The young girl's eyes became dazed, her pupils dark- almost black- crimson as she dragged her fingers up the bandit's arms.

Kagutsuchi really did have a thing for her, didn't he? Tomoe stiffened against the demon-possessed girl, chin still resting atop the miko's head- if she was to move, she was sure she would have her arms torn off.

A purr escaped Mai, drenched in want.

What in the world was Kagutsuchi doing, the girl wondered. The demon was trying to rip Tomoe apart before, now Kagutsuchi wanted the complete opposite.

The demon did have a very BIG attraction to her, Tomoe bit her lip. Great, absolutely, utterly great! Now what?

The controlled girl turned her head, purring softly again as her nose brushed against Tomoe's jaw.

So what was Tomoe supposed to do now? She released a soft puff of breath, the warmth just barely hitting the demonic priestess. The wards and her katana were at the other side of the shelter. Maybe she had this coming all along?

Mai's tongue flicked out, whipping across the underside of Tomoe's chin softly.

Uneasily swallowing, the bandit leader shifted, clamping her hands firmly around Mai's arms, but not enough to give heightened pressure. She didn't really like the taste of dying today after all.

The smaller woman let out another sultry rumble, blowing hot breath into Tomoe's ear.

It was an understatement, this demon wanted her. And whether Tomoe liked it or not, she was overpowered, without any protection nearby. "..." She shivered, the sensual huff of breath in her ear driving her slightly into the smaller frame, her body unconsciously slipping forward to seek more.

Releasing a breathy moan, since Tomoe rubbed against her body, the dazed girl pushed back into her.

Kagutsuchi must be at least a few centuries old, and yet he would react in such a way already? Or maybe it was because of Mai's inexperience? Tomoe clenched her eyes shut, her hold against the miko's arms tightening.

Instead of a purr, Tomoe got a growl from Mai, Kagutsuchi not liking the tight grip.

"So... you like having everything to yourself, without another unconsciously doing so?" The leader's remark was vague, confusing even. Tomoe discharged a light grumble, but released her grip from the fleshy arms.

Mai's dazed eyes gazed up at the older woman, not understanding.

"To disallow me."

"I'm not disallowing anything." The girl's voice was deeper, huskier.

So the demon speaks? Tomoe blinked, somewhat surprised, "... Oh?"

"Don't you want a chance to touch her in ways such as this?" the demon spoke through Mai's mouth, bringing a hand up to the front of Takeda's haori.

To tame her? The leader husked a breath.

"Mm, that's what I thought." The girl undid the front of the shirt, her full breasts becoming exposed to Tomoe.

But this wasn't the girl, not entirely. "..." Tomoe growled lowly.

"You have to make her want you, if you want to do it the hard way." Mai kept her breasts exposed, smirking over her shoulder to Tomoe.

Make her want her? Through taming? And yet surely Mai would immediately begin to try and run from her once she did this? Shaking the thought off, Tomoe suspiciously narrowed her eyes, giving a deadly gaze.

"She's starting to wonder, you know." The husky voice of Kagutsuchi murmured. "She is at that age."

Ah yes, of course... sexual thoughts during teenage hood, the leader mused. To think, she was having a somewhat intellectual conversation with a demon of all things.

"Hm." The girl let out a rasping breath. "I think… I will let you choose what to do with this innocent body." She spoke gruffly.

"Hm," so thoughtful, Tomoe smirked.

"I shall go, then." Mai's body jerked, pressing into Tomoe again before the girl let out a soft moan of confusion. Her head pounded, but at least she was back in control.

The miko was back in control? The viridian-haired warrior stiffened against her.

Mai looked over her shoulder, then down to her breasts. She squeaked, hurrying to cover them up.

With a stalking behavior, the older female leaned in, "... Your demon seems frightfully intense," she softly leered, delicately whispering into the young, carrot-redhead's ear, alluring. "Apparently you have been having curious thoughts, hm?"

"Ah…" Mai froze in place, one of the leader's hands in front of her. "Y-yes." She answered softly, her face darkening.

"What made you think such a thing, I wonder?" Tomoe continued, finding the situation rather amusing. She had this girl, at least this side of her, under her thumb.

"I-I…" Mai couldn't speak, not with Tomoe's warm breath ghosting over her ear.

"Uhm," it was probably because Mai hadn't had much interaction with others, considering she was the main person who was around her now? So obviously the girl would develop confusing emotions.

Mai blushed darker, Tomoe pressed up flush against her. She could feel the woman's heated, toned skin on hers.

"Your stomach, it's alright, isn't it?" The warrior murmured, still pressed up closely as she wisped a casual smile.

"Hurts a bit." The redhead cleared her throat.

"That isn't good," Tomoe commented, a hinted edge to her tone.

Mai looked over her shoulder to the viridian-haired woman, one of her brows furrowed.

"Oh?" The elder tilted her head, curiously passing along a glance of amusement, "Don't be like that now."

'Why do you care about me so much?" the girl asked, her other eyebrow lowering in a confused scowl.

"Would being somewhat similar be rash for merely taking an interest?" The leader asked, releasing the girl from her hold and grudgingly slipping out of the furs, grumbling as she rubbed her temple.

"I doubt you have a fire god festering inside of you." Mai spoke dryly, rolling onto her other side to look at Tomoe.

"Not technically in that element, no," Tomoe rose, brushing herself down, back still facing the younger woman.

Mai was confused. If Tomoe had a demon inside of her, Kagutsuchi would have reacted violently at every bit of contact.

Tomoe shrugged, "Think on it," it wasn't as if Mai had anything else to do for the time being, she rolled her eyes.

The priestess rolled onto her back, staring up at the ceiling of the shelter. What could Tomoe mean by saying they were similar? For certain, there wasn't a demon sealed inside of the bandit.

Ever since she had heard of the girl's shrine... her crystal had been losing control of itself, glowing a faint mist of dark violet. But why? How would such a power which didn't relate to... She would have to be getting ready soon; Tomoe was entirely confident that the bandits would be up to no good as usual.

With a soft, frustrated grumble, Mai pulled the furs over her head and decided to sleep again, since Tomoe had confused her and the girl could feel a headache coming on.

Ah, the pleasure of messing with the mind, Tomoe idly gazed over her shoulder to the girl, a faint smirk painting her lips.

Mai stared at the furs brushing against her nose, her eyebrows knit together in confusion.

Perhaps she would need to get Aoi to check over Mai's wound later on today, Tomoe mused, cupping her chin thoughtfully as she stood some way off from the distracted girl. But in the meantime, she required checking on the bandits and making sure to bring more supplies into the shelter.

"Ma'am," Takeda's voice came through the fur curtain of Tomoe's shelter.

"There hasn't been any... difficulties during the night, has there, Takeda?" Tomoe sounded through to him, directing her eyes to a couple of boxes in the corner of the shelter, brows furrowing.

"No," Takeda's voice replied. "The scouting team is ready. They're waiting for you by the creek."

"Oh? I'll head out soon," the leader shuffled about, feeling the texture of her kimono jacket between her fingertips. "Alright, I'll be there soon."

"Alright." The sound of Takeda's footsteps faded as the man left.

But... what if the miko had another attack whilst she was gone? Tomoe was probably the only person who was able to fend for herself against this lone demon-possessed girl after all. Shaking the thought away briskly, she rolled her eyes, no-surely Mai wouldn't drastically change? Although no one could be too sure now- not after... "...Ah," she cleared her throat unconsciously, or maybe she could?

Mai was fast asleep again, sleeping through the pain in her stomach.

But such a light sleeper, tended to fall unconscious easily as well. "Hm," Tomoe hummed, trailing her eyes over the figure as she parked herself back onto the furs, reaching for her armor.

As Tomoe reached for her armor, Mai lay her cheek on the woman's hand, the girl's silky skin against the back of the bandit leader's hand.

This again? Tomoe peered down to her curiously.

The redhead rubbed her cheek across the older female's knuckles.

"You are lucky I have restraint," the stormy-eyed leader growled lowly; slowly pulling her hand away and just barely brushing the girl's other cheek- almost wondering what it felt like. If it had been anyone else, someone such as Yuuichi, this miko would be in a foul state. But that wasn't the point of this was it? Mai was her pet, her plaything, not something to care of more than possession.

With a soft whimper, Mai nuzzled down into the furs, her small nose buried in with her face hidden.

Tomoe would eventually get her, mark her words; when it came to Tomoe wanting something, sure as hell she was going to get it. Shifting her attention back to the armor at last, she picked the pile up without much trouble, being since the metal was strong but light. If she was going to scout with the others, they would be out for at least three hours, surveying the safe spots for observing the countryside's environment. With these natural outposts, they would be able to keep a direct lookout for any royal soldiers searching for them. "Hpm, pathetic idiots."

Once Tomoe had stepped out into the afternoon sunlight, Yuuichi brought the woman a dark chestnut mare. He and his leader would be riding horses while the other bandits were on foot.

"The available routes?" The leader shortly asked, taking as little attention to the blonde as she could. This man was on a serious warning, she wouldn't allow him to get through to her so easily.

"There are game trails through the woods." Yuuichi replied, mounting his brown and white painted horse.

"That is good," she commented. At least there was some good news around here. Hoisting herself up onto the muscled beast, her gaze gradually adjusted onto the large shelter- but still…

"We were thinking of hunting, as well." Yuuichi's voice cut Tomoe from her thoughts.

And with the tracking of animals, they would most likely be able to find more water sources.

The blonde man turned his horse around, leading Tomoe to the creekside where the others were waiting.

It made Tomoe wonder, if they were to get a kill, would the smell of the blood attract Kagutsuchi?

"I'll take point." Yuuichi offered, the group of them setting off.

Tomoe nodded absentmindedly, distracted by uncalled musing.

It was late afternoon by the time Mai was awoken by Aoi for her treatment, the sun just settling over the lake and trees. The medic had another woman with her; she was a brunette as well as Aoi, but her eyes were stormy amethysts, a cross between violet and silver.

"She is rather... interesting," the fellow brunette commented, gazing down to the slumbering temple maiden, but with an air of distasteful caution. Just when was Tomoe returning... She didn't like this girl she had picked up.

"Such a tiny little thing." Aoi had to keep herself from swooning. The older woman always had a kind heart for being a bandit. Pulling the blankets down, the blue-eyed woman gently shook Mai awake, smiling at the little confused mewl.

"Time to change your bandages and stitches." Aoi parted Mai's borrowed haori, the girl having the decency to blush in front of the two. Not because of Aoi; the redhead had recognized her as a figure she could trust.

This redhead, whatever the hell her name was- why did she seem important to Tomoe? She knew how their leader usually behaved, mostly; the viridian swordswoman wouldn't give a damn about her captured pets. But this one… there was something there. Miya didn't quite know what, but she was entirely sure that there was something occurring behind the scenes. Tomoe was… she had a lust for power, one could say.

"Miya, could you pass me that poultice?" Aoi requested, using a thin blade to cut up Mai's old stitches, removing them carefully.

The assistant reached for the item, faking a hesitant attempt she cautiously glanced to Aoi, "But... what about the demon? Wouldn't it get angry with us for interfering with the girl's body?"

"It didn't seem to mind when I was sewing her up." Aoi replied, cocking an eyebrow at her assistant. This girl was in a critical state, now was not the time to become chicken-hearted! If Miya wanted to become a medic like Aoi, the girl would have to learn how to take chances.

"I just can't help but think…" Miya shook her head rashly, clasping her hand against the poultice; however- she quickly snuck a hand into a lone pouch by her waist once the higher ranking medic cast her gaze back down to Mai. Miya's fingers working to bring the hidden tube of glass to the mucky substance with a high amount of caution. She would have Tomoe! This girl wouldn't be able to stand up to her leader's... differences.

"You'll be healed over nicely." Aoi assured the small redhead, brushing the shirt's sides away from Mai's lean, injured stomach, padding away the dried blood with a dampened cloth.

Yes... she would heal nicely, Miya peered away.

"The poultice, Miya." Aoi requested, brushing some stray hairs from Mai's eyes.

"A-ah, yes, of course," she hurriedly passed it over.

"Thank you, Miya." Aoi nodded to her apprentice, turning her attention back to the redhead on their leader's furs. "This is going to sting a bit." She warned, holding the poultice in one hand. Raising her free hand, Aoi dipped her index and middle fingers into the paste and trailed them along Mai's wounds, the girl hissing sharply in pain.

Now, all Miya needed to do was make sure to stay in character and not seem suspicious! Else... she was sure- Miya shuddered, but only subtly. This girl would be out of her life soon. "It isn't a problem," she softly spoke, watching the medic.

Aoi cooed to the injured redhead as Mai let out a small whimper. Taking her fingers away once the medicine was spread all around the openings of the wounds, the medic took her thread and needle, sterilizing the tip by holding it over the fire in the centre of the room. Threading the sturdy strand of string through the eye of the needle, Aoi then began to stitch Mai back up.

"Is there anything else you need, Senoh-sensei?" The younger medic-in-training watched her carefully, ridding the stress of being caught out to disappear, or at least, die down a little. She would adore having Tomoe all to herself, she didn't care if she was a lowly medic student, and she would find some way of being with their viridian-haired, demanding, but caring leader.

"No, but Tomoe should be back soon." Aoi finished sewing Mai's wounds up, wrapping the girl back up. "We should prepare the fire to roast their catch."

"Of course."

Uncomfortably, Tomoe grudgingly trudged through the encampment, lazily making her way towards her shelter. It was getting near to nighttime now, and she was sure if it hadn't been for the torches which guided her route across the slightly worn down pathway she would have surely tripped and crashed down to the floor by now. They had managed to get quite a fine stack of kill this evening, just enough to feed the whole camp actually, although to be truthful, she wasn't all that hungry to be honest, she would much rather just lay down and go to sleep. Be it next to Mai or not, either way, Tomoe couldn't care less.

Mai was sitting up with Aoi at her side, the medic holding a bowl of stew out for the girl once she arrived, both looking up to her curiously.

"Welcome back, Tomoe." The brunette smiled as her leader came through the curtain, Mai looking up as she took the bowl from Aoi.

Tomoe muttered tiredly, mumbling, "... Hello."

"I'll bring you something." Aoi excused herself once Mai started to eat the stew offered, glad that the girl was getting her energy back.

Well, at least some people looked fine around here. The gesture of thought made Tomoe utter a snide hiss to herself, annoyed. She shouldn't be thinking at a time like this, Tomoe was tired- obviously it was a bad idea for her to do so.

Mai put down her bowl, bringing a fist to her mouth as she coughed raggedly. The girl's eyebrows came together in confusion; she was fine just a few minutes ago, and now it felt as if her chest was being pressed on.

The harsh coughs bringing her attention over, although still aware of her doziness, Tomoe suspiciously narrowed her gaze, stormy orbs taking in the young woman. That didn't sound pleasantly well at all.

Coughing again, the redhead felt a cold sweat on the back of her neck, ice-hot prickles shooting up her spine. "What is this?" Mai murmured, before breaking down into a fit of short, harsh coughs.

Striding forward, the taller woman clasped a palm to the miko's forehead, storm orbs narrowing, glaring. "... Poison," she hissed venomously. "Aoi! Fetch, Aoi!" She demanded, heading to the shelter's exit.

Mai clutched at her chest. It felt as if was going to cave in on her, her coughs harsh barks as her throat became raw.

One of the bandits scurried off once he heard Tomoe's voice, not wanting to feel her rage if no one obeyed her.

Just what was with these people and wanting to kill this girl? Tomoe set her jaw, kneeling before the girl- all because they were afraid of her? Ha! Tomoe scoffed, angered- it was absolutely pathetic!

Perhaps they were a lot more similar than she originally thought? And that was saying something.

"T-Tomoe…" Mai rasped out, gripping the haori around her shoulders as well as the furs. She was going to die, wasn't she?

"You are not going to die," the bandit leader silently fumed, who would poison her pet? Who would dare to do such a thing? Clasping her palms to the vermilion-haired miko's shoulders, squeezing, "I'm getting you through this, even if I have to drag you out of your grave and give you a new heart and set of organs," she growled. Oh, how nice this was, and to think, Mai had finally said her name, Tomoe bemused.

Mai gripped at Tomoe's kimono, sweat making her hair stick to her forehead. Aoi flew past the fur curtain at the front of the shelter, hurrying over to the other women.

"Poison has somehow managed to get into her system," Tomoe fumed over to the medic, the brunette quickly arranging items about them. Feeling the temple maiden make a desperate grasp at her haori, she cringed faintly, the nails lightly digging into her own wound. Aoi looked into Mai's dilated eyes, the rich shade of violet hazing over as her irises shook.

"Adder venom." Aoi examined, laying Mai back down. With Tomoe's help, they kept the writhing girl pinned.

"How dangerous is it?" The leader broadly asked, firmly setting her palms onto the redhead's arms, forbidding her to thrash as harshly.

"Very." Aoi swiftly reached into one of the pouches at her hip, taking out a vial of deep silvery liquid. "She'll need to take this, but with her thrashing around, it'll be hard to make her swallow it."

There just wasn't any hope was there? But... if the technique was to work-"Give me the vial," she grasped at Mai's arms within one hand, straining slightly.

Mai arched and writhed under Tomoe as Aoi handed her leader the vial. "Be quick." The medic urged.

For some reason, Tomoe felt a rage, a grinding pulse within her stomach to strike out to whoever did this to the temple maiden. Of course, she believed the girl to merely be a plaything, but… she just couldn't stop thinking that there was something else there, something missing. She had a feeling she knew exactly what it was though and her body was just disapproving of acknowledging it. Yes-that must be the reason, it had to be. Bringing the stopper between her teeth sharply, Tomoe pulled the cork off hurriedly, automatically spitting it out, "Quiet girl," she hissed. Obviously such a death was painful but… hastily, she brought the vial to her lips, being careful to not swallow the substance as she hurriedly leaned down, forcing the miko down underneath her as she firmly pressed their lips together, gradually forcing Mai's lips apart.

Having Tomoe's tongue invade her mouth, the shrine maiden protested around the muscle before the medicine was forced into her throat.

'Swallow it, you fool,' the leader inwardly barked, taking no mind to the clawing nails clashing her arms.

Almost as if hearing Tomoe's thoughts, the girl swallowed the forced in medicine, stilling and shaking against the bandit leader.

Now, fortunately, she just needed to wait it out. Tomoe cursed against Mai's lips softly, freezing when the vermilion-haired female desperately clung to her, forcing Tomoe to rest her head beside the girl's own, just above the shoulder.

Mai's delicate hands gripped at the back of Tomoe's shirt, pulling the woman down to her as she shook violently.

"It's alright," Tomoe grunted into her ear.

The younger female wrapped her arms tightly around the leader's middle. In all honesty, Mai was terrified at the moment. Death could have been right around the corner if not for Tomoe.

"Aoi," Tomoe acknowledged, deciding to wrap her arms around the girl, helping her calm somewhat. "Do you have any idea who it may have been?"

"No idea. I made the stew myself." Aoi murmured, cupping her chin in thought.

But no matter, it seemed Mai was going to have to have even more recovery time. Thinking on this, she groaned, hitting her forehead onto the soft grass of the ground; that would heighten the chance of the imperial army finding them! But it was nothing they could do-she could find out whom this pesky entity was, and put an end to them; hadn't they realized just how much danger they had put the whole group under?

"I'll leave you two, then." Aoi stood, bowed, and took the wooden bowl, exiting the shelter.

"Are you alright?" The stormy warrior remarked once they were left in silence, the girl underneath her puffing softly.

Mai shook her head swiftly, burying her nose into Tomoe's throat.

'Looks like I won't be eating tonight,' Tomoe mused. Hoisting herself up, so she wasn't threatening to open Mai's wound once more, she quickly glanced down to her, shifting to rest on her side, "… Come here," she muttered, opening her arms out.

The redhead curled into Tomoe, gripping the front of the woman's haori tightly and snuggling into her chest.

When had it been the last time she had done something such as this? Tomoe couldn't be quite sure-usually it was just the sex, and then that was it, and yet... Their relationship was more platonic? It was almost alike to Aoi's friendship with Mashiro, although theirs was obviously a lot broader having known each other for a good ten years. But Mai? She had this background to her, a personal development which Tomoe could relate to in a sense, but not entirely. It was interesting, and it confused her. Becoming an elementalist was one thing, but a demon bearer as well?

Mai squeezed her eyes shut. She could still feel the pressure on her chest, the stinging jolts ripping up her spine. What had she ever done? Why was she poisoned?

Tomoe felt exhausted, due to the scouting, hunting, and not to mention the dramatically poisoning of Mai. She would have to hunt down the verdict tomorrow, because honestly? She was afraid she would collapse on the mere impulse of standing. Eyes flickering open, she groaned, sitting up a little within the miko's desperate clinging-she needed to remove her armor though first. That would definitely help, Tomoe rolled her eyes.

'Ah… here." Mai took off Tomoe's shoulder pads with trembling fingers.

"No," Tomoe winded her hand gently around the girl's wrist, "It's alright, you're too weak," she murmured.

Mai nodded, cuddling back up to Tomoe for a feeling of security.

But even through all of this, not once did Kagutsuchi attempt to react to Mai's needs. Tomoe thoughtfully pondered at this, nipping at the inside of her lip absently as she shook off the armor curving around her chest, then lastly slipping out of her shin armor and boots.

Once Tomoe had all of her armor off, the smaller female tentatively got closer to her.

Although some payment had come due course in the meantime, Tomoe lifted a brow, gazing down to the attractive female.

Mai had her eyes closed already, her forehead against Tomoe's collarbone.

Settling, after a few moments of shifting, attempting to find the best position to lay with Mai by her side, Tomoe gradually sighed once she finally allowed herself to sink more into the furry pillow. Her powdery, stormy gaze absently absorbing the presence of the vermilion-haired temple maiden pressed up to her. "Such an odd creature," she vaguely mumbled, resting her chin atop the girl's head.

The younger woman was soon fast asleep. Her body had been exhausted already from trying to heal her wounds, and plus the poisoning, Mai was completely worn.

Yes, Tomoe would find whoever did this to her pet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skiren Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:27 am

You updated, hooray~...sadly I'm not a day reader though, so I won't read it till night, at which point you'll be gone already I'm sure, and I won't be able to tell you what I thought x3 *shrug* you'll find out tomorrow then >.<
Skiren
Skiren
SLAVE
SLAVE

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1458263/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum